Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Can Moderators Ban People

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I have searched in vain to find the answer to this question. I would like it if my moderators had the power to ban people, but it seems they can't. Is this correct?

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Can Moderators Ban People
Global moderators can ban. Category moderators cannot ban.

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by blueram
Replied by blueram on topic Can Moderators Ban People
Hi sorry for butting in

But im new on here and need a bit off help and cant seem to be able to PM a Mod or admin user

i am using Kunena 2.0.1 and a setting has changed

when i use to post a post in ant topic on the front end my posts total count would go up and then if it got deleted the total count would not go down?

Now a few off my mods are on very low post counts as a prune was done but this has seem to happy now even if it gets deleted on the front end by my self

how could i change this back to the way it was so that when they are deleted that the total post count would not go down?

Also is there a way i can add me posts on to my mods total?

Would be great to hear back from someone as i really need to get this sorted

thank you and again sorry for posting here just there was no where else to post it

It was yourself SOZZLED i tried to PM but couldnt for some reason

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
G'day, blueram, and welcome to Kunena.

blueram wrote: But im new on here and need a bit off help and cant seem to be able to PM a Mod or admin user

i am using Kunena 2.0.1 and a setting has changed

Is this on your site or on our site and, in what way, specifically, does this have to do with banning users?

blueram wrote: It was yourself SOZZLED i tried to PM but couldnt for some reason

As far as this site is concerned, here's the answer:

We removed the PM - we were using JomSocial in the old site - for a number of reasons as part of the recent site upgrade. The announcement about removing the PM feature was made over 3 weeks ago in Changes at www.kunena.org .

People should subscribe to the category Official Announcements and News about Kunena to receive, by email, the latest announcements about Kunena.

In fact, you would not have been able to PM me on the old website because you were not a member at that time. If your questions are not related to "can moderators ban people" then please use a different topic or start a new one with a different subject. Thank you. :)
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by blueram
Thank you for getting back to me

This is on my site that i am having the issues and need to turn off the auto delete from total post count when a post is deleted

I can not post a new topic as off yet on this site for some reason

I am looking around and cant seem to find anything on what i need so hope you can help me and if you can move this to its own topic that would be great as i cant set up a new one

Also as i am looking to find out to is there a way you can add more counts to a mods total post count?

More
11 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled

blueram wrote: This is on my site that i am having the issues and need to turn off the auto delete from total post count when a post is deleted

The question that was asked at the start of this topic concerns K 1.7.2 and it was "Can moderators ban people". I answered that question in msg #2.

I do not understand how your question(s) relate to this topic. Can you please explain the relationship between your question(s) - in a K 1.7.2 context - and the one asked by Peetree in msg #1, please.

More
11 years 7 months ago #7 by blueram
it has nothing to do with it mate i just seen that you posted and i couldnt put my question anywhere else so just thought i would put it here

i am using 2.0.1

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic How to start a new topic
:S

Please do not "hijack" other users' topics. It's not courteous to the person who starts the topic and it's not courteous to other users who may be interested in the answer to the question that the topic relates to.

To create a new topic, go to the Index page. Select a category from the list of categories you see on that page that is closest to what your question is about.

It sounds to me like your question (or questions) fall into the K 2.0 General Questions category.

When you go into the category you will see pages of topics and a "+ New Topic" button (as I have circled in the screenshot below).

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 7 months ago #9 by blueram
it is posted there thank you hopefully your self or someone else can help when they see my post thanks

and sorry again for butting in on this

Sean

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #10 by Oscarfishlover
The problem I have got is whereas global moderators have got the power to ban people, they can only do this if you have the kunena profile enabled. Because I've got jomsocial installed the kunena profile is bypassed, therefore it seems that administrators are the only ones who can administer a ban from the jomsocial profile.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds