Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Administrator not receiving notification emails of new threads

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by nonumber
I have set my admin user as 'General Moderator'.
However, I do not get any notification emails of new topics/threads.

My user has rank 'Administrator' and in the Joomla user settings I have 'Receive System emails' set to yes.

The individual Forum categories have the 'Moderation' option set to 'Yes'

I am using Kunena 1.7.2 on Joomla 2.5.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by Mortti
How about those settings if you mean of every new topics or posts? screencast.com/t/1Jmif9LjUn
Also every user can subcribe every category what they want... then they just get notifications just where they want?

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by nonumber
Ah, thanks. That was the option that did it: "E-mail Administrators".
Missed that when browsing through the hundreds of settings.
And not really something you expect to find under 'Security'

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by nonumber
However, I now also get notifications of my own posts :S
Any way to disable that?

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
Just to make sure that I understand where this topic is going, you originally wrote that you were not receiving notifications of new topics. Now you are receiving notification of new topics. So, has your original problem been resolved?

More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by nonumber
Sorry for asking a followup question. I won't bother you again. I'll figure it out my self.

More
11 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
No problem. Follow-up questions are welcome but sometimes these are unrelated to the original issue. Searching the forum may provide you with clues as to why your receiving emails that you don't want to receive. For example, maybe you are subscribed to a topic or a category and, in that way, you are receiving emails notifying you that there was something new posted on your forum?

More
11 years 11 months ago #8 by nonumber
Shouldn't Kunena be smart enough to not send a notification to the admin twice?
If the 'E-mail Administrator' option is on, shouldn't Kunena ignore whether or not that same admin is subscribed or not.
Shouldn't Kunena also be smart enough to not send notification emails of replies that same admin places?

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled

nonumber wrote: Shouldn't Kunena also be smart enough to not send notification emails of replies that same admin places?

Maybe not.

You have a choice here. You can enable email notification of new topics as a forum setting (and then you don't need to subscribe to anything) or you can subscribe to the topics that you're interested in following. In the case of how this forum is managed here at www.kunena.org , which receives 50 or more new messages posted every day, we do not use the "email administrators" feature at all. It all depends on what you want to do and how much email you want to receive.

The short answer is, no, these two settings are not mutually exclusive. If you have one setting or the other then you get one email; if you use both things then you get two emails.

However, I think we've answered the question about why you were not receiving administrator emails. Your other question is a different topic of discussion, I think.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #10 by nonumber
I think I'll just have to hack Kunena (again) and give up the rights to support.

- You want people to be auto-subscribed to threads they post on or create
- With that, admins are also auto-subscribed
- Whichever way you want to explain it, sending a notification twice and to the admin that just posted is a bug.

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds