Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How do admins edit the website field in users profile

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by zigzag
Apart from the signature field there doesn't seem to be anyway for admins to edit the users 'Profile Information' fields such as facebook, website etc. How do we edit these?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You can't edit others fields than signature when you are an admin, anyway you moderation function when you go in the kunena user profile in frontend you have moderation function which allow you to reset all fields in the user profile.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by zigzag
Thanks, do I have to ban them first to delete the profile info and then remove the ban?

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled

zigzag wrote: Thanks, do I have to ban them first to delete the profile info and then remove the ban?

At the moment, that seems to be the only technical intervention that you can do. The easier way is to write to the user and ask them to remove their website information. If the user does not co-operate then you can feel entirely justified in removing the account from your site ... because they're probably going to cause problems for you later. B)

No-one can edit someone else's profile in K 1.6 just like no-one could edit another user's profile in K 1.0/1.5 either. When I say that no-one can edit someone else's folder I mean from the front-end.

Moderators and administrators can remove some details using the frontend interface (such as removing an offensive avatar image or avatar image) and site administrators can change some details about a user's profile at the back-end. But the simple answer is that you can really only edit your own profile.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds