Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question New Posts get sent to all users as moderators

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by tomfuller2
Recently upgraded to K 1.6. Now every post gets sent to every user saying they are a moderator. I have checked to make sure and only 4 users are set as moderators. I have also now turned off notification to moderators, but all users still get an email.

[edit: It seems that emails are being sent to all administrators and superadministrators regardless of settings]

The site is behind a firewall so I can't send a link.

Configuration info:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by tomfuller2. Reason: more information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
I think what may be happening is that people are receiving emails about new postings because they are subscribed to those topics. You might consider changing the setting:

Forum Configuration » Users » User Related » Post-subscription checked by default? = No

Please ask your users to check their subscriptions. Ask them to go to their user profile and see what is listed under their Subscriptions tab.

While I have your attention: please read the important information about running Legacy mode . Please take action, now, to eliminate this cause of future problems.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.279 seconds