Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Unable to edit any user accounts.

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by clarksonwayne
I have just started using the forum and up loaded it to my Joomla, latest stable version. All seem ok except I cannot change user profile information, I have tried this with a few accounts all do the same. When you click on edit the page that comes up does not let you change any information.
I have tried on different browsers and templates but to no avail any ideas? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Can-you put here please your configuration report settings ?

Do you have a test account on your site (use
This message contains confidential information
to let only moderators to see the datas) ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by kmanstudios
Not sure what i could be doing wrong. Everything went so doggone smoothly! But, for some reason, i cannot adjust any profile settings in either the front end or back. Real Noob here, so, i am not sure what information you need other than this thing I pasted below. Everything else seems to be working really good though. Reverted back to the default template. It's only a sample site. But, would really like to get this solved before I have to do this in a real production environment. need to adjust the CSS to make the tabs sit a little lower than they do now, but, didn't want to mess with anything until this is settles.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by kmanstudios
OK...I found (because it is much easier to read the thing here without all the code in the report) that i had enabled the Mootools upgrade, but, did not have the Mootools 12 installed. So I found that, installed and enabled. But, i also disabled the upgrade plugin. Still cannot edit the profile in the front end or back end. New report:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Enabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by clarksonwayne
I'm having the same problem :(

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by clarksonwayne
I'm not sure what you want, the settings on the Kunena config page? They are as standard.. out of box.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by sozzled
clarksonwayne: In nearly every case where users have reported that they're having difficulty editing user profiles, the problem stems from a Javascript conflict. This is not always the case.

We ask that people post their K 1.6 configuration report, not because we think it's a standard question and we don't distrust your belief that you have installed Kunena straight out-of-the-box, but because it may actually pinpoint the source of the problems that you appear to be having.

So, if you would be good enough to post your K 1.6 configuration report , we'll see if we can move this topic along for you and get you help faster. Thank you. ;)

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #8 by Christaaay
I just enabled mootools and it solved the same problem for me. ;)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Christaaay. Reason: Problem Solved!

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds