Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Can't quote a quoted post; will not display text

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by Richardkl
I think that the quote needs to be filtered out of the list as it is meaningless and takes up space

xclaimceo wrote: I think the best hittin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Which version of the module do you have ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by Richardkl

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #4 by Richardkl
when a person quotes a already quoted post the code not the post displays

"

Bases Loaded- wrote: xclaimceo wrote:
I think the best hitting coach is the HITTER!
The best hitting coach in the world can't make the adjustments for him if the hitter is unwilling.

You can't expect them to learn anything from a half hour session if they can't go somewhere and work on the adjustments.
The best ones I've seen are the ones that have the time to feed them 500 balls every other day for the summer. It's kinda like old school! swing the bat untill your body gets tired of missing and makes the adjustment for you. There's obviously more to it than that but it's pretty simple. They learn to hit whether they want too or not!!
I only know two coaches that will do this and every year I watch them walk players into college and the draft. Even the supplimental draft.

X, I have to disagree with you on this one. In my opinion, its more about the quality of swings than quantity. Obviously you need a certain amount to stay fresh, but when your body gets "tired of missing" it will start putting band aids on your swing. Pretty soon its full of band aids. I just went through that with Alex. Jared broke him down, made it simple and now I just maintain it 3 times a week with soft toss and a little live throwing. But every once in a while you need an outside perceptive. Especially since Alex doesn't listen to me anyway. "

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : jsn_epic_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 2.0 | creationdate: May 2008

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 1.0.19_Beta

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor edit/spelling in subject

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled

Richardkl wrote: I think that the quote needs to be filtered out of the list as it is meaningless and takes up space

I'm sorry but I don't understand how this causes a problem. When you say that the quote needs to be "filtered out of the list" what list do you mean? In what way, specifically, does this cause a problem at your website? Can we reproduce the problem here at www.kunena.org so that we can better understand the problem. Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by Richardkl
go to www.travelballselect.com

on the left column you will see the latest module it displays are

U 10 Bat Wars Beat Down(New)
hey riesgo I dont post much but a lot of shit talking on here.

Bad Sporstmaship Yes or No ?(New)

guytucker wrote: hey Ryd- what is up wit

Best Hitting Coach in Southern Cali

Bases Loaded- wrote: [quote="xclaim

14U TN Super NIT(New)
The RR Blue did quite a bit of out-of-state traveling last year

what are the top 10 teams 11u???(New)
Ryan, The Stealth will be there as we'll, see ya in a few

You can see that some of the post contain the quote code in it not the acutual quote text. I think that the messge that the post adds should be displayed not the Quote anyway that is what I mean by not displaying the qoute of the post

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
This topic seems to be related to another question you have asked the module displays

xxxxxx wrote: . Perhaps the two topics should be merged?

Perhaps the difficulty you are having is that your users do not understand how to nest quoted text. They need to remember to end the quote with a

tag, like this:
Code:
[quote="username" post=message-id][quote="xxxxxx" post=xxxxxx]This is a nested quote[/quote][/quote]
Which looks like this:

username wrote:

xxxxxx wrote: This is a nested quote

Does that help?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by Richardkl
All the users do is click the quote button, so I think the problem is in the action of the quote button. It needs to check to see if it is quoting a quote not a just a post. and format the quote correctly

More
12 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled

Richardkl wrote: All the users do is click the quote button, so I think the problem is in the action of the quote button. It needs to check to see if it is quoting a quote not a just a post. and format the quote correctly

I used the quote button to reply to your message. Is there a problem with my reply to you? Please use the quote button to reply to this message.

More
12 years 11 months ago #10 by Richardkl

sozzled wrote:

Richardkl wrote: All the users do is click the quote button, so I think the problem is in the action of the quote button. It needs to check to see if it is quoting a quote not a just a post. and format the quote correctly

I used the quote button to reply to your message. Is there a problem with my reply to you? Please use the quote button to reply to this message.

I just quoted your qoute to show you

Time to create page: 0.638 seconds