Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question phpBB to Joomla + Jomsocial + Kunena ?

• weddingdream
  • weddingdream's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #1 by weddingdream
phpBB to Joomla + Jomsocial + Kunena ? was created by weddingdream
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
Is there currently (either complete or being worked on) a converter to move from phpBB to Joomla+Jomsocial+Kunena
I want to use JS for the profile management - which to be fair I am not too concerned about if it can't be bought over from phpBB, but I don't want to lost all topics/posts from the forum.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
I am sure that you will find the answers to your questions just as quickly as I would be able to find the answers to your questions for you, by searching these forums. I'm sorry, but I don't know the answers to your specific questions.

Please change the advertising contained in your signature. Some advertising is acceptable (for example, links to sites demonstrating open Kunena forums, Joomla-related material or other matter of general technical interest to our members); I do not think that the general membership would class wedding photography something appropriate in a software support forum context, wouldn't you agree? Thank you for your cooperation in this regard.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by Matias
I'm working on phpBB3 to Kunena importer. It's otherwise pretty complete (except of avatars/attachments), but it's missing user import to Joomla.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #4 by jcbukasa
Hey Matias!

When do you think this will be available to the public with the complete user import.
I tried the solution provided in kunena docs...phpbb-->fb, user were not imported! Your solution will totally help. Will make me switch in a heart bit to Kunena
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by jcbukasa.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by Matias
I have so many tasks to do that I don't even know where to start. And I need to earn some money too. :(

I hope that I will have some time soon, but honestly I'm already using all my time to Kunena.

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by cally6008
Would it be possible to do without converting all user info, so all phpbb3 topics/posts are shown as being posted by "guest" ?

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by Mark0100

cally6008 wrote: Would it be possible to do without converting all user info, so all phpbb3 topics/posts are shown as being posted by "guest" ?

why that?

Gruß Mark
Pickup-Wohnkabinen-Forum Kunena 4.0.7
Chevy-Forum Kunena 3.0.8

More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by cally6008

Mark0100 wrote:

cally6008 wrote: Would it be possible to do without converting all user info, so all phpbb3 topics/posts are shown as being posted by "guest" ?

why that?

I've got a phpbb3 forum where I've already moved all the important topics over to kunena by going through each one and manually posted them on the new kunena forum. I don't need the users and user info but would ideally still like to keep the archived posts from 2008,2009,2010 as a read only section. Problem is that I already have the kunena forum set up how I want and have new postings on there so dont want to change that.

More
13 years 5 months ago #9 by Greight
Any news?

More
13 years 5 months ago #10 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds