Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Idea How to upgrade from previous version to Kunena 1.6?

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1 by iLucato
Hi folks, I'm sorry for the silly doubt, but I'm pretty newbie with Kunena and wonder if it is possible to upgrade from a previous version of Kunena to Kunena 1.6 or do I need to uninstall the older version and install the newest one?

How to procedure the upgrade if it's possible?

Thanks in advance.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by iLucato.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You can upgrade to kunena 1.6 from any version of k1.0, k1.5 or FB1.0 without uninstalling anything. You have just to install kunena 1.6 with joomla! installer and the upgrade process will be done automaticaly.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by iLucato
Hi xillibit, thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I'll try it out.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #4 by iLucato
One more silly doubt for the collection. :0)

When trying to upgrade, it shows the following message:

"You are about to install Kunena 1.6.0-ALPHA2 (Alpha Release). This is a public preview and should never be used on live production sites."

So, I intended to use it once it has already the Portuguese-BR files ready (.INI) while the previous one I think don't have the .PHP translated for this language. Am I wrong? Besides that I'd like to have the latest installed.

Am I not allowed to use it in a my live site once it is an Alpha stage or it is a kind 'Use it at your own risk' and I can use the 1.6 live?

P.S.: If there is the PHP (Portuguese-br) language for the previous version, please, post the link here.

Thanks again.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #5 by Cerberus
Am I not allowed to use it in a my live site once it is an Alpha stage or it is a kind 'Use it at your own risk' and I can use the 1.6 live?

' use at your own risk ' but the k.com team offer no support for K1.6 at this time so make sure you take a FULL backup of your site first.

FYI - i would advise waiting for the beta before doing this anyways as current public alpha is very out of date.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by iLucato

Cerberus wrote: Am I not allowed to use it in a my live site once it is an Alpha stage or it is a kind 'Use it at your own risk' and I can use the 1.6 live?

' use at your own risk ' but the k.com team offer no support for K1.6 at this time so make sure you take a FULL backup of your site first.

FYI - i would advise waiting for the beta before doing this anyways as current public alpha is very out of date.

I see. Thanks for your advice. I'll hold a little more than. Do you have any idea if there is the PHP language version that I'm looking for, for the previous version?

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by Cerberus
www.kunena.com/forum/107-translations/49...ation-of-kunena-1511

yes here is one for K1.5.11, that should work for K1.5.12 aswell :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by iLucato

Cerberus wrote: www.kunena.com/forum/107-translations/49...ation-of-kunena-1511

yes here is one for K1.5.11, that should work for K1.5.12 aswell :)

Thanks. One more doubt. It just changed the admin area, but the front-end kept in English. How to set Kunena front-end to get to read the kunena.brazilian_portuguese.php to make it works?

More
13 years 9 months ago #9 by xillibit
What do you trying to do ?

If you don't know how to use the kunena conversion language tools, i can provide a pt-BR in ini generated by the tool.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #10 by iLucato

xillibit wrote: What do you trying to do ?

If you don't know how to use the kunena conversion language tools, i can provide a pt-BR in ini generated by the tool.

Hi xillibit, I was going to update Kunena to 1.6, but as Cerberus advice I'll wait a little more, so I'll use the previous version, but the Portuguese-br file/link above provided above by Cerberus is for 1511 and when moved the kunena.brazilian_portuguese.php to the /administrator/components/com_kunena/language informed, it just changed the back-end text and not the front end that remained in English. So, that is why I'm asking how to inform Kunena to read the kunena.brazilian_portuguese.php to show the front-end in Pt-BR too.

The only way I got to make it work as a workaround, but I think it isn't the correct way was by renaming the kunena.brazilian_portuguese.php to kunena.english.php to get to see the front-en in Portuguese-BR too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: corejoomla

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds