Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question J! 1.6: Real names displayed; cannot hide username in profile information.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #1 by Sovaka
I have a similar issue and I can't seem to get around it.

There are my back-end settings;
Show Real Name - Yes
Show Username - No

And yet, in my profile view it states;

Profile for *Real Name* (*Username*)

No matter which way around I have the settings... I can't hide Username.
This is bad for security.

How do I get around this?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Sovaka, and welcome to Kunena.

I am guessing that you are using K 1.6.3 on J! 1.5.23 (if you are using something else, please let us know). I am also guessing that you have not properly implemented Joomla SEO on your site, either. Please read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki.

If I was wrong in my guesswork, please post your K 1.6 configuration report so that I can see what you really have done.

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by Sovaka
I am using with Joomla! 1.6.

Here is the report as requested;

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Joomla default template details : siteground-j16-3 | author: SiteGround | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 19 January 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: The file doesn't exist alphauserpoints.xml ! | CommunityBuilder: The file doesn't exist comprofilej.xml ! | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Please do not use J! 1.6.1 under any circumstances; do not use J! 1.6.2 either. J! 1.6.3 is the best of J! 1.6, so far, but even that version has errors. Fix up Joomla and let us know if that cures your problem. If it doesn't try my suggestion about running your site with SEO turned on and properly configured with a viable .htaccess file (which may, or may not, be the one that you're using).

I'm also assuming that you chose not to implement a Kunena menu on your site.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by Sovaka
Well my version of Joomla is of what I found when I installed the site.

I will update to see if that fixes the issue.

You are correct that I did not wish to enable SEO friendly URLS or to use the Kunena Menu.

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by Sovaka
Updated to the latest Joomla! 1.6.3.

Didn't fix the issue.

Went back into Kunena back-end and change the options back and forth to see if a caching issue was in effect.
NOTE: Show Real Name OVERRIDES Show Username.
IF Show Real Name is SET to Yes, the output on Profile View is: *Real Name* (*Username*)
IF Show Real Name is SET to No, the output on Profile View is: *Username*
IF Show Real Name and Show Username is SET to No, the output on Profile View is: *Username*

The Show Username field option in the settings appears to do nothing.

I have also tried enabling SEO friendly URLS to no avail.

Anything else?

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
I had another look at your question (which was very different to the one asked in another topic) and you may be right. It may not be possible to hide the username at all in the user profile in K 1.6.3 (and I don't know if it's changed in K 1.6.4 either). That's something we'll have to look at in further testing.

Do you know if this is the same situation in J! 1.5.23?

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled

Sovaka wrote: The Show Username field option in the settings appears to do nothing.

Actually, that's not quite true. The point is that it may not have any effect when someone is looking at a Kunena user profile.

More
12 years 11 months ago #9 by Sovaka

Do you know if this is the same situation in J! 1.5.23?

I don't know... I wasn't using Kunena when I was using 1.5.

More
12 years 11 months ago #10 by sozzled
I will have to test this for myself but not at the present moment. Perhaps one of the other members of the testing team can tell us if the behaviour that you see is consistent with the current design of K 1.6.4 on J! 1.6.3. If that is the case then I don't know what we can do right now.

Our current timetable is to release K 1.6.4 as soon as we can - as soon as we've finalised the last remaining "glitches" (which are more than glitches, but the way) with Joomla. If this is a "show stopper" as far as Kunena is concerned then this could push back the release of K 1.6.4 until it's resolved (possibly another week or more). I don't think it's a show-stopper, but that's just my personal opinion. It's my recollection that this behaviour has always been like that and no-one seems to have objected to the way that things work. I could be wrong. I'm also not in charge of the software release process, as well.

Time to create page: 1.811 seconds