Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question K 1.6 and Internet Explorer 7

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by roland76
Hello,

there are still some css issues in IE7 (on FF looks everything fine as almost.. ;) ) also here kunena.com:

1. Subforums layout are broken

2. Buttons with missing round corners and page-number borders are nok

3. Report to moderator to right and bottom, title and date in two lines and width of the info-box on the right to small if avatar smaller (see middle post).

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, roland76. Looks like you've found a few more eccentricities with IE7 and K 1.6. I remember writing

It is quite difficult (some might say impossible) to test for every web browser that has ever been released. I think that it's reasonable to say that the main browsers will be catered for, namely Mozilla Firefox 3.5, IE 8 (and, to a lesser extent, IE7) and Google Chrome simply because, between them, they have 83.8% of the market share. There will be compatibility issues for other browsers but one hopes they won't be too significant.

I realise that this is not much comfort for IE7 users (particularly as the developers have a desire to ensure that K 1.6 does operate with KE 7) but, really, with only 8.1% of total market share , I don't have an abundance of sympathy for the size of the problem, either.

I hope someone can provide you with a more constructive answer to fix these problem for you. :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by Cerberus
K 1.6 alpha had IE7 CSS support.K 1.6 beta on the other hand has had the IE7 "bits" removed (or so it seems to me). So basicly my question is are we supporting IE 7 or not?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #4 by roland76
Hello sozzled,

thanks for the answer.

No worry, I don't ask for help or a solution. I just want to help in testing and show things that I found... So if someone takes time to solve that than it's fine, if not I can also understand it and it's also ok... ;)

By the way... On my site for example 18,3 % IE7 and 14,4 % IE6... These depends on our site clientel... Here on kunena.com a lot of tech / internet - freaks, they have mostly the newest software / browser. On my site a lot of people from normal companies and they are a little bit slower in upgrading (or have more restriction to do that)...
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by roland76.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by sozzled
Thanks for both replies (Cerberus and roland76). I wish I had an answer. I can say, quite reliably, that as from K 1.6 there is no "special" accommodation for IE 6. IE 6 is a lame duck issue as far as K 1.6 is concerned. I am also reasonably confident that K 1.7 will not have any special allowance for IE 7. I have it on good authority that K 1.6 will accommodate IE 7 (as well as IE 8, obviously).

If those "special" IE 7 tweaks have been removed from the latest K 1.6 development builds then I, too, would like to know why there's been a sudden policy switch. :unsure:

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #6 by MAW_Trok
Why I have this error in the template with IE ?

The column on the left is very little and there are also others error that you can see

Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by MAW_Trok
I edited only the colour of background, but this problem was only on the default color template

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by roland76
Hello,

you are right... There are still some issues with IE7...

Have a look here: www.kunena.com/forum/156-kunena-16-test-...so-here-on-kunenacom

As i've heard now, IE7 should also be supported, and then I think some solutions will come the next days...

Best wishes

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Re: Internet explorer problem
because your are working on ie7 and we are just begin to fix the ie7 bugs, try to instaal ie8 or just wait when the fixes are ready,

regards 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: roland76

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by MAW_Trok
Ok thanks.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds