Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question How to search forum using google

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by infinitehz
How can I search the content of my forum using google? How about using the website's search engine?

These words are in the forum "Can this site provide solutions to Math or Computer Programming problems?" but when I search this, nothing shows up.

What should I do?

Thanks! would really appreciate your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
I found that text when I used Google ... the only problem is that what I found was here at this website. Maybe your site is not listed with Google?

Is your question about how to use a Joomla extension that inserts Google search in your site? Is your question, how can I make the other Joomla extension work with Kunena?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by infinitehz
My website is listed in google. There are search results when I'm using words from my articles but when using words in kunena forum, there are none.

Is your question about how to use a Joomla extension that inserts Google search in your site?
...No
Is your question, how can I make the other Joomla extension work with Kunena?
...I think yes? How can I make the default joomla search in my website search in the forum also, not just in my articles?
Also, how can I let google (search engine) search in the forum?

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Google, the search engine website ( www.google.com ) will be able to search forum messages if your site is listed with Google. I gave you an example that demonstrated this to be the case in my previous post in this topic. Your website is not listed with Google; your problem is as simple as that. This website ( www.kunena.com ) is listed in Google.

infinitehz write:

How can I make the default joomla search in my website search in the forum also, not just in my articles?

I'm sorry, but I don't know what this question has to do with Google? The standard Joomla search does not search Kunena. That's the simple truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: infinitehz

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by infinitehz
Okay, thanks! I get it already. I added another keyword and the forum post in my website showed up in google.

Thanks for the answers. :)

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds