Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question changing url from mysite.com/component/kunena/.... to ....../mysubject/myforum/....

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by gho
Hi, I red a lot of all messages about this, but I did see any solution, even not with components as acesef or artio sef.
Is that right ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
The solution involves some knowledge about how to properly setup Joomla SEO. Have you read our guide Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki?

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by gho
Hi, I did it now but, I know all what is general and of course not what is specific for Kunena (By the way many thanks for this Kunena Forum Software).

Following these explication I think that I know now better where to look after.

One thing is clear, I have a mod rewrite and so on but because the place of the website is not directly in the root where is located another website of me. (The place of the forum is a called multidomaine from my provider OVH and this is a kind of subdomain which runs for a separated domain name. E.g the .htaccess is not working, but the needed mod rewrite and others are realized by parameters elsewhere, e.g. the redirection of www.myname.com to myname.com too.

That must be limiting strongly the behavior with consequence that I have may be to realize in the futur the site on a separate webspace.

Regards and thanks.
gho

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

gho wrote: I have a mod rewrite and so on but because the place of the website is not directly in the root where is located another website of me. (The place of the forum is a called multidomaine from my provider OVH and this is a kind of subdomain which runs for a separated domain name. E.g the .htaccess is not working

You need a .htaccess file located in the root of your site folder. Let's say you have three sites:

/public_html
.../site-1
.../site-2
.../site-3

You need a .htaccess file in each of the "root" folders for each site where you use SEO. This is a general web management issue. The Joomla support forum ( forum.joomla.org/ ) is the place to ask about these kinds of issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim, muede

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by gho

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by gho
I tried it out on my first level site and here erything is fine, 'kunena\forum' in the url is replaced by 'forum' and that is the name under it was automatically installed. I think that the name can be choosen freely only at the time when you install Kunena.
Thanks
gho

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
The SEF name (e.g. /forum) is defined by the menu alias that is used by your kunenamenu top-level menu items menu alias. So you can have a different SEF URL for your forum if you like. See the following two screenshots:

Edit the menu alias name:

This is all covered in the Wiki in Customised menus .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by gho
Yes, it works well as with joomla 1.5. and 1.6. too.
Sorry, I was mixing my main menu point forum with the kunena forum menu where I have the error with 1.6.3. and joomla 1.6. that the kunena menu disappeared and connot be newly constructed.

Many thanks
gho

More
12 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled

gho wrote: I have the error with 1.6.3. and joomla 1.6. that the kunena menu disappeared and cannot be newly constructed.

Different topic. Known issue that's been asked and answered dozens of times. We've answer the question "changing url from mysite.com/component/kunena/.... to ....../mysubject/myforum/..."; that's all that we're dealing with in this topic. If you have a different subject that you want to talk about, please deal with your question in a different topic. Better still, look at the sticky post in the K 1.6 test reports - Joomla 1.6 issues category.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #10 by gho
Hi, I come back to this issue after having hosted my site somewhere without any restrictions, also after having installed the kunena 1.6.4.
(many thanks, it works fine with all what was missing by myself in the 1.6.3. (I Know was not
released for joomla 1.6. !),
also installed is xmap 2.0. rc1 which comes with a kunena extension.

The issue is probably a bug in the xmap extension or I did something wrong myself, in any case, your appreciation would be helpful, the facts:

The url in the browser of a category is fine as e.g.:

jam-session.org/jazz-sete/Bienvenue-%C3%...en-H%C3%A9rault.html

but the xmpa is showing it as before as:

jam-session.org/component/kunena/Bienven...en-H%C3%A9rault.html

many thanks
regards
gho
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by gho.

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds