Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question [Merged topic] I want my Joomla modules to appear on some or all Kunena pages

More
13 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #1 by GoremanX
(Kunena 1.6.2, Joomla 1.5.22)
I'm trying to get modules to show up on all pages except the topic page (page that displays the actual posts). So far nothing is working as intended. The modules either show up on all the forum pages, or all the forum submenu items disappear from the split menu (very annoying).

I'm a little confused about the "Default Menu Item" field for the Entry Page menu item settings. What is this field supposed to do? It doesn't appear to function properly most of the time.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by GoremanX
no, not really, but thanks.

I'm already aware of all this. My issue is that each page of Kunena behaves differently regardless of module assignments. Assigning a module to just the Entry Page (set to Index) gives different results than assigning a module to just the Index page. And what are the topic pages? They don't have a menu assignment.

Also, if I don't have an Entry Page in the menu, then no menu item is highlighted when I'm on subsequent Kunena pages (topic pages, etc), and therefore the submenu disappears entirely. But when I do have an Entry Page in the menu, then setting the "Default Menu Item" to something different works in bizarre and unexpected ways.

I really wasn't expecting such a simple thing to be so complicated. I want modules (Kunena Latest, etc) on all pages that list forums and topics, and NO modules on pages that display posts.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by GoremanX
Here's an easier question:

Most components have different "views". ie. The list of categories is a "view", the list of topics in a category is a "view". The list of latest posts is a "view". Typically these have specific names that can be targeted by scripts.

So what's the name of the "view" that displays posts in a topic?

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by GoremanX
Nevermind, solved it. I used Metamod Pro (which I already use throughout the site), assigned it to all the Kunena pages, and added the following condition:
Code:
if (JRequest::getVar('func') != 'view') { return XXX; //where XXX is the module number }

Now the module shows up on all Kunena pages except the ones that show posts in a topic.

I wish there was an easier way to do this within Kunena, but this method works fine.

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by keithyoung89
The site that I manage has 3 custom_html modules which are configured to display on every page EXCEPT the Kunena forum page. However, they always display on the forum page even though they shpuld not. I have selected 'display on selected pages only' in the module configuration and deselected the Forum page. I am able to switch the modules off successfully in any other page, but not the forum page. I have cleared browser cache and template cache.

Joomla v1.7.2, using template JA Purity II.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #7 by rich

in the module configuration and deselected the Forum page.

Only the forum page or also deselected the kunena menu? Both must be voted out.

Otherwise, go to the Module Manager > your Module and click on "Clear Selection". Afterwards is all empty. Than choose the "selected" pages again.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by rich.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8 by keithyoung89
Yes - thankyou. I used the second of your suggestions and it has cured it. Thanks!! :)

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #9 by rob2701
Joomla 2.5.2, Kunena 1.7.2, custom template.

Joomla modules assigned to all pages > show on Kunena page
Joomla modules assigned to show on selected pages only > do not show on Kunena page

This affects my topbar navigation and search for example...

Can you help me understand why this is and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #10 by rob2701
SOLVED, or at least a workaround:

Assign the Joomla modules to "all pages" and save
Next assign to "selected pages only" and deselect what you need
Now those Joomla modules show up on the forum pages

Strange behaviour?

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds