Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Docman

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by woonydanny
Docman was created by woonydanny

freedomcoach wrote: Hi:

The only extension I use that depends on Legacy Mode is DocMan. I'm aware that they now have a 1.5 native commercial version but I haven't upgraded to it because I have been very satisfied with the current free version and do not want to introduce anything potentially disruptive to the site.

Key Question: Will keeping my present version of DocMan running in legacy mode on my J 1.5.20 site be a problem when I upgrade Kunena to 1.6? I'm presently running K 1.5.12.

Sincerely,
Howard

Just upgrade docman. It has been improved both with function and security and only cost $5 or $10. Well worth it, it is a quality product by some of the (ex?) core Joomla developers

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by Cerberus

peetree21 wrote:

freedomcoach wrote: Hi:

The only extension I use that depends on Legacy Mode is DocMan. I'm aware that they now have a 1.5 native commercial version but I haven't upgraded to it because I have been very satisfied with the current free version and do not want to introduce anything potentially disruptive to the site.

Key Question: Will keeping my present version of DocMan running in legacy mode on my J 1.5.20 site be a problem when I upgrade Kunena to 1.6? I'm presently running K 1.5.12.

Sincerely,
Howard

Just upgrade docman. It has been improved both with function and security and only cost $5 or $10. Well worth it, it is a quality product by some of the (ex?) core Joomla developers

any issues with useing it and k1.6 peetree21???

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by freedomcoach
My main concern with upgrading Docman is I want to be sure the document lister option/module is still available. I use this a lot on my site and I want to be sure they did not eliminate it in their commercial version. Any idea on this?

Howard

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by Cerberus
i know this may sound wrong but wouldnt i be better for you freedomcoach to go and ask the people at docman if they have or have not got a feature in there software rather than taking this topic more and more off topic. just my observation but would make sense to me.

mods: if im speaking out of turn feel free to delete this post

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by freedomcoach
Cerberus,

Thanks, you are correct. I will do that.

Howard

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by yaqwer
@freedomcoach

You could be interested in JoomDoc, a fork of native Docman, which is free of charge and licensed under GNU GPL license.

www.artio.net/downloads/joomla-related/joomdoc

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Docman
The above 6 posts have nothing in common with the discussion topic that they were originally pinned to. I have split them from the original topic so that you can continue to discuss Docman issues.

More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by Mortti

freedomcoach wrote: My main concern with upgrading Docman is I want to be sure the document lister option/module is still available. I use this a lot on my site and I want to be sure they did not eliminate it in their commercial version. Any idea on this?

Howard

I am also DOCman user and fan from the year 2005-06... at the this time running DOCman 1.5.8 in Joomla! 1.5.20. I have tested it also with K 1.6 and System - Mootools Upgrade plugin some while (which K 1.6 needed) and I haven't seen yet any issues/conflict in my use...

Mortti

More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by freedomcoach
Morti

That is great news. Is the lister module available in the Docman 1.5 version?

Howard

More
13 years 6 months ago #10 by freedomcoach
I registered on the Joomdoc site. Looks promising. Also asked the same question on their forum as to whether they had a similar lister module. Are you using JoomDoc yourself?

Sincerely,
Howard

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds