Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Changing the size of video on youtube

• andresc2
  • andresc2's Avatar Topic Author
  • There are no limitations to imagination
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1 by andresc2
hi i was wondering if there was a way to change the size of youtube videos? Do i have to modify any files. meaning how big they show in the forum.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by andresc2.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

you can change the size video by using this kind of bbcode without the * :

[*video width=345 height=456 type=youtube]ANEBm7Ex1jw[/video]

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
  • andresc2
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3 by andresc2
hi thanks for the reply but i have tried that and the size of the video stays the same the only thing that grows is the border outside and the actual video youtube video on kunena . This is a link to the video i am talking about. now is this youtube or is it kunena thanks.
More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
G'day, andresc2, and welcome to Kunena.

First of all I don't know in what way, specifically, you want to change the size of YouTube videos that you're trying to embed into your installation of Kunena but I am assuming that you want them to display larger than how they currently do. Would that be a reasonable guess?

The sizes of embedded objects (images, videos, etc.) depends primarily how much screen "real estate" your Joomla template gives you to accommodate Kunena. Most of Kunena's objects (images, videos) are automatically resized to fit within the boundary of your Joomla website template.

But we need a bit more information from before we can offer any concrete advice.
  • andresc2
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #5 by andresc2
hi thanks, yeah i want it to display bigger videos i have tried this using this code this is an example of the video

this is the same video that i want to display in the forum as you can see the movie it self it's really small while the only thing that grows is the frame of the video.

this is the code that i used to display the video,
Code:
[video width=525 height=873 type=youtube]OuwDykXRPi4[/video]

is there a way to fix this so that the whole frame shows the movie being played. the size of the forum is the same as this one. if you need to visit the forum you can click on the last post which i created a link to my forum.
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
So, if I can rephrase your original question, you want to know how to change the physical appearance of one video found at YouTube. You don't want to know, in general terms, how to resize the embedded media player feature that used in Kunena. Is that right?

There's nothing we can do here because the movie that you are discussing were created that way when the it was uploaded to YouTube. This is not a Kunena issue in terms of what you have demonstrated. In fact, if you go to the YouTube website, you won't see any difference as far as that movie is concerned. So, the "problem" (if you could describe it that way) lies in the way that the movie was created and you need to discuss your issue with the person who created the movie in the first instance.

Each media player (used by your browser) to display videos has its limitations. You want a zoom-in feature. For that you need to request the feature of the developers of the media player. Kunena just uses whatever media player software you have installed on your computer. Sorry, there's nothing else that I can suggest.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
  • andresc2
More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by andresc2
Thank you very much. i guess i have to edit the movie thanks.
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #8 by Adriaan
I wondered the same thing for my forum. There is no setting that you can change. But you can edit a file on your server: go to components/com_kunena/lib/ and then edit the file called kunena.parser.php

Search for this line:
Code:
'youtube' => array ('flash', 425, 355, 0, 0, 'http://www.youtube.com/v/%vcode%?fs=1&hd=0&rel=1', '\/watch\?v=([\w\-]*)' , array (array (6, 'wmode', 'transparent' ) ) ),

Here you can change the first number 425 (the width) to a larger number, and you can do the same for the second number (the height).

To avoid black space appearing within the frame, try go for natural combinations, such as 560x349, 640x390, 853x510, 1280x750 (to confirm, you can find these combinations on any YouTube video page when you click "embed" and you need to select an embed size).

And you can do so for videos from other sites too, just look above the YouTube line.

You should also check (in the same file) if your maximum height and width are not exceeded. If you are setting values greater than the maximum, then you should change the maximums by editing these lines:
Code:
$vid_maxwidth = ( int ) (($kunena_config->rtewidth * 9) / 10); // Max 90% of text width $vid_maxheight = 720; // max. display size

I set mine to
Code:
$vid_maxwidth = 853; $vid_maxheight = 510;

Remember that if your videos are large you should encourage your users to embed videos with high definitions (or you can tell a moderator to replace the embed links with links to higher definition versions).

To see how these settings work for me, look at this video on my forum: click here

The black space is part of the video. You'll see that in the introduction the whole video frame is filled with colour.

Hope this helps! Took me a whole Saturday to figure out.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Adriaan.
More
12 years 10 months ago #9 by milas

Adriaan wrote: I wondered the same thing for my forum. There is no setting that you can change. But you can edit a file on your server: go to components/com_kunena/lib/ and then edit the file called kunena.parser.php

Search for this line:

Code:
'youtube' => array ('flash', 425, 355, 0, 0, 'http://www.youtube.com/v/%vcode%?fs=1&hd=0&rel=1', '\/watch\?v=([\w\-]*)' , array (array (6, 'wmode', 'transparent' ) ) ),

Here you can change the first number 425 (the width) to a larger number, and you can do the same for the second number (the height).

To avoid black space appearing within the frame, try go for natural combinations, such as 560x349, 640x390, 853x510, 1280x750 (to confirm, you can find these combinations on any YouTube video page when you click "embed" and you need to select an embed size).

And you can do so for videos from other sites too, just look above the YouTube line.

You should also check (in the same file) if your maximum height and width are not exceeded. If you are setting values greater than the maximum, then you should change the maximums by editing these lines:

thats good an change line about 778 to bi like this
// --- config start

//$vid_minwidth = 200;
$vid_minheight = 44; // min. display size

$vid_maxwidth = 640; $vid_maxheight = 480; // max. display size

//$vid_maxwidth = ( int ) (($kunena_config->rtewidth * 9) / 10); // Max 90% of text width
$vid_maxheight = 720; // max. display size

$vid_sizemax = 100; // max. display zoom in percent

// --- config end
More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by itqan-2010
i think you need change both of height and width in these two lines in the same file that Adriann told you about

if ($kunena_config->autoembedyoutube) {
// convert youtube links to embedded player
$task->text = preg_replace ( '/<a href=[^>]+\/\/(\w+\.youtube\.[^\/]+)\/watch\?[^>]*v=([^>"&\']+)[^>]+>[^<]+<\/a>/u', '<object width="540" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://$1/v/$2&hl=en&fs=1">', $task->text );

cbange the object width and height ...... and change it beside "true" width and height too

i hope that will be helpful ... and will work for you .......... i am talking about kunena 1.7.1 i do not know if that will work with any other version ........
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds