Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Kunena Forum 3.0.6 from Joomla 2.5 to Duplicated website on Joomla 3.9

More
5 years 4 months ago #1 by mwb12345
Hi,

I have read through some of the topics listed about moving/migrating/merging existing Kunena Forum for Joomla sites and it still seems unclear.

The existing Joomla 2.5 website will not convert to Joomla 3 correctly, so I copied all of the content and other applications to a fresh new Joomla 3.9 website/DB and that is all good. My last part is to move the Kunena Forum which is a Joomla component. I see it is possible to export/import database tables and user data under the right circumstances. My questions are:

1) Can I install the same 3.0.6 Kunena forum for Joomla version on my new Joomla 3.9 installation though it was designed for Joomla 3.3 or around there?
2) Does that even make sense?
3) If not, is it possible to load the latest Kunena or some version progression and still utilize all the tables from the old installation?

I am looking for the most practical way to do this and still maintain all the forum material and the user information that created them.

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #2 by rich

1) Can I install the same 3.0.6 Kunena forum for Joomla version on my new Joomla 3.9 installation though it was designed for Joomla 3.3 or around there?
2) Does that even make sense?

Kunena 3.0.6 would not work with Joomla 3.9, therefore it makes no sense. But in principle it's easy.

1. You must import the Joomla user tables from the old installation.

*_usergroups
*_users
*_user_keys
*_user_notes
*_user_profiles
*_user_group_map

2. Import all Kunena tables in the new Joomla database

3. I'm not sure if you can already now to install to the newest Kunena. So you need a intermediate step.
a) Install Kunena 5.0.14 first
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/tag/5.0.14
b) Afterwards upgrade to the newest Kunena version
www.kunena.org/download

4. Paste the content from the folders avatars and attachments in your new page (path is media/kunena)

5. Go in backend to Kunena -> Tools and Synchronize Users and Recount the Statistics.

See also here: docs.kunena.org/en/faq/migrate-the-forum...-users-to-a-new-site
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by rich.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #3 by mwb12345
Thank you very much, this worked perfectly!

On another note and what I did not expect to run into was I purchased the new Blue Eagle template and it kills my main menu system on the forum page. It appears to be a some sort of Jquery conflict. I tried several of the versions, but they all cause the same issue where the drop down part of my menus wont drop, just see the bottom shadow part. Have you seen this before or should I open a new ticket up under the templates? I noticed that it only happens when viewing Recent Topics and Profiles, but not on Index or Search.

You can see it at www.halizard.com/joomla/index.php/forum
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by mwb12345.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #4 by rich
It seems a conflict with Lazy Load. You can see it if you scroll down, on Kunena pages your sponsor image will not loaded. When I block the lazy_load-min.js it works.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by rich.

More
5 years 3 months ago #5 by mwb12345
Thank you immensely, that was definitely the problem. I will take it up with the template designer.

PS: Thank you for the incredible support, i really appreciate it!

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds