Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Migrating from Joomla 1.5.26 to Joomla 3.0, going from Kunena 1.6.1 to 3.0

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #1 by costa
I know that you guys aren't supporting 1.5 anymore, but I'm in a situation where I had to stay with Joomla 1.5 for longer than I wanted. I have my site www.speechteam.com running Joomla 1.5 and Kunena 1.6.1 on a server with HostGator.

I'm rebuilding my site to Joomla 3.0 and Kunena 3.0 at 184.154.225.6/~speecht6/ on SiteGround. I have no idea how to get my Kunena data from my old working site to my new under construction site. Is there documentation on how to migrate? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by costa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, costa, and welcome to the forum.

costa wrote: Is there documentation on how to migrate?

i am sure we have addressed this question hundreds of times on this forum. You can probably search using keywords like "forum migration" or "migrate forum" (or similar terms) and probably find the answer faster than me. I will look for you - perhaps someone else could save us the time - and give you what we can.

Be prepared, however, for the task will not be easy and it will probably take you many hours or even a few days, to migrate from J! 1.5 to J 3.0 (in several stages) and migrate your old J! 1.5 data across to the new site. This is not easy at all. If you know what you're doing and you've done this a dozen times before then it won't be a problem but I suggest that, if this was my website, I would consider paying someone to do the job for me.

I'll get back to you later with the information you enquired about,
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: costa

More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by costa
Truer words were never spoken. It's a giant pain in the butt. Some kind of procedural would rock. Just an idea of the proper order to do things. I'm trying to develop a checklist.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
This is where I would start: Copying my forum from a J! 2.0 site to a J! 3.0 site .

I know that you are going from J! 1.5.something, but the first stage is to go from J! 1.5.x to J! 2.5.14 and migrate your Joomla extensions across to that version using something like jUpgrade. After doing that, you can then upgrade to K 3.0.1 (because K 3.0 runs on J! 2.5) and then you can think about going forward to J! 3.0. So, in your case, going from K 1.6.1 (which is very outdated - support for that version ceased two years ago) to K 3.0 needs to be done in stages. You need a platform that supports K 3.0 first - J! 2.5 will do that - and so that's the first thing you need to do.

K 1.6.1 to K 3.0.1 is simple (as long as you are running on a platform that supports K 3.0.1).

Going from J! 2.5 to J! 3.0 is relatively straightforward.

The links I've posted in the topic Copying my forum from a J! 2.0 site to a J! 3.0 site should provide you with the checklist of information that you need to consider.

I can only give you information here about what is involved with Kunena. Migrating/converting/upgrading/copying (however you would like to describe it) a Joomla site is not really within the purview of this forum to discuss in detail. The Joomla site (and the Joomla forum ) can address general Joomla-related things better for you.

I hope this helps and we wish you the best of good fortune in taking things forward. :)
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds