Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Kunena forum APP for all mobile OS

More
11 years 1 week ago #1 by lucablue
Hi,
I'm an enthusiast user of Kunena forum and I've installed on my community website. This component is the core of my website and all the most information go by the kunena forum. The problem is that on different mobile phones not appears the complete page and different discussions are cut horizontally.

So I thoungh it's already done or in project a kunena app that from mobile phones take automatically only the forum from the website in which user is visiting and start the app with a good template for his own mobile and give to him the possibility to read, write and do anything else with kunena is possible?

You could give the server app as pay and all user free, or better, give the server app into joomla for free and all user can pay 0,99$ per app (once for username)

What you think about it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 days ago #2 by pilyo
Hello! looks like my question is related to this topic. My members are asking if our forum has an apple application but honestly im not really sure what they want.Im not that familiar what an apple application is. I dont have a smart phone. are they saying that so they can visit our forum with their cellphones or on a better experience? Can anyone help me about this? looks like my forum will get more visitors if i will have an apple application.

More
11 years 3 days ago #3 by pilyo
how about tapatalk?

More
11 years 2 days ago #4 by Matias
There are a few different choices: tapatalk, mobile joomla and some Kunena mobile templates offer more mobile friendly experience.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by pilyo
can you tell us the differences or the cons and pros of each of them. What would you choose?

More
10 years 11 months ago #6 by Jiminimonka
Tapatalk is free for the forum owner, but the users have to pay a small fee to get it installed.

Best thing is to go and look at the various different versions and decide for yourself which one you prefer.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 11 months ago #7 by woonydanny
my preference is for a responsive joomla template with a responsive kunena template. that way, no need for apps or for any different templates for mobile or for main, it is just one site that responds to the different devices.

:)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
10 years 11 months ago #8 by pilyo
so tapatalk is out on my list. How about mobile joomla? im interested with mobile joomla because its free but now im curious with that responsive joomla template. Can you recommend me a specific template? I wanna test it. Looks like its more easier

More
10 years 11 months ago #9 by pilyo
anyone here? please help me with my questions. thank you

More
10 years 11 months ago #10 by Matias
I've used Mobile Joomla. It's very easy to setup, but I recommend using their paid template instead (if you go to that road).

There are also other mobile templates for Kunena.

Responsive templates are great as they scale up/down for most devices (in Symbian you usually need another browser like Opera). But they also have great drawback and it's their horrible slowness if you're not on fast 3G/Wifi network.

Unfortunately responsive Joomla templates also need responsive Kunena template and ours is still in development for ~3 months.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds