Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Google not indexing any forum pages or threads

More
12 years 1 day ago #1 by wsidt
My problem is that google is not indexing any of my kunena pages or threads. I have checked my webmaster tools and the rest of the site is fine, but for some reason it cannot find anything related to my forum.

I have read other topics about this and cannot solve the problem myself.

Please can someone assist me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 day ago #2 by sozzled
How long has your site been running? Are other pages on your site indexed by Google? How long have you had Kunena installed on your site? What makes you believe that this is a Kunena issue? Did you read the posting guide printed at the top of this page? What help, specifically, do you want from this community?

I don't know how (or how often) Google looks at websites and then updates the information for the search engine. Maybe it's a case of being patient? Maybe you have some rule in your robots.txt file or .htaccess file that is preventing Google from spidering your website?

More
12 years 1 day ago #3 by CheechDogg
Hello wsidt,

As sozzled said, it is a matter of being patient with your forums in order to have Google index it properly.

You also have to make sure you have submitted your site to Google and that you have an XML sitemap. There are many other things that can contribute to the success or failure of your site being indexed by Google.

Use the following link to help you get Google to index your site.

www.joomlablogger.net/seo/joomla-seo/six...e-indexed-in-google/

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 16 hours ago #4 by wsidt
Thank you.

The site has been running for over 2 months and I have submitted a site map.

When using google webmasters, all my Kunena related pages came up as crawler errors. I also installed screaming frog which told me that the status for these pages was 500 internal server error. The rest of the site (I have over 400 pages) came up as status 200 OK.

I have located robots.txt and changed components to allow. I have yet to see if this makes a difference.

Thanks

More
12 years 9 hours ago - 12 years 9 hours ago #5 by sozzled
Did you yourself actually verify that the pages that Screaming Frog advised you were HTTP 500 internal server errors really were HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors? Did you verify that the Screaming Frog (or any other "tool") gave factual advice and therefore, if you have unresolved HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors, maybe that's the reason why your site is not being indexed?

What were these "crawler errors" reported by Google Webmasters ? Have you done anything about them?

Neither Google Webmasters nor Screaming Frog were written by the Kunena project team. If you have questions about those products then you should direct your questions to the developers of those products. It sounds like your website is not properly setup Joomla-wise. It sounds like you have unresolved SEO-related issues. I don't think anyone can properly assess the extent of the problems you are having without knowing a lot more. As you have chosen not to provide us with the information sought in the posting guide that I referred you to, I am moving this topic from our K 1.7 Support category to the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category.

Good luck. :)
Last edit: 12 years 9 hours ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds