Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question RESOLVED::Joomla SEO Settings Conflict

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #1 by woodstock
After upgrading from 1.63 to 1.72 I could not access the forum posts, however, I was able to access the Main forum Topics.

The problem discovered is the SEO Settings in the global configurations. I had to turn off all three setting.

The template version is joomla 1.5.9 which was upgraded in October 2011 by Rockettheme.

An idea why I can't activate my SEO settings?

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by woodstock. Reason: Resolved
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Can-you put here please the Kunena report configuration setting ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #3 by woodstock
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 75M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_solarsentinel_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.9 | creationdate: January 31, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.3.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal K 1.7 configuration report in message
More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
You have a two menu items (pointing to different things) with the same menu alias (= "forum"). Change the alias of the second item.

See Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #5 by woodstock
My SEO is setup properly and I only found one alias in the mainmenu? I changed that one anyway to something different and still getting that error when trying to read a thread.

Here's new config report:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 75M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : rt_solarsentinel_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.9 | creationdate: January 31, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.3.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

When I click on the thread below, I get a 404 - Component not found error.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal K 1.7 configuration report in message
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
I visited your site. I clicked the topic link you gave as an example. I had no problem.

Might have been a server caching issue, perhaps? For websites that have a lot of dynamic content (and a forum will create a lot of fast-changing content) it may be better to turn of server caching because there may not be significant benefits to improve performance.

Has the issue resolved itself now?
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #7 by woodstock
No, still an issue and only works now because I have disabled SEO setting in Global Configuration. When I activate Search Engine Friendly URLs or Use Apache mod_rewrite I get that error when I try to access a thread to a Topic.

I'll activate those for you and you can see when you test again. Give it a try.
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
Thanks. Yes, you have a problem (a couple, actually).

How did you construct your .htaccess file? Have you tried using the default .htaccess file (for Apache servers) that is included in your Joomla distribution files? (The information is contained in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) ).

CB 1.3.1 will not work with K 1.7.2 (see K 1.7.2 release notes )
More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #9 by woodstock
Yes, .htaccess is as per the default setup.

So, looks like I would need to revert back to an earlier version of K 1.6.3 since I can't upgrade to J 2.5 just yet? CB 2.5 should be compatible with K 1.7.2

Thanks for your help!
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by woodstock.
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10 by CheechDogg
Hello Woodstock and welcome to Kunena.org.

Please keep in mind that some shared server environments do not allow the use of .htaccess mod rewrite. I don't know if you were able to do this in the past but recently a lot of hosting companies who did allow it in the past are no longer allowing it in a shared server plan.

Just something to look into, like I said, I don' know if you were able to work with it in the past but you might want to contact your host about this.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds