Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Login and Last modules issue after upgrading on 1.7.2

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #1 by fildin
Ho folks,

I have upgraded from 1.6 to 1.7.2 and also installed new modules latest and login.

Firstly, the login doesn't work, after clicking on the button it appears just some white window. When try to press F5 then it changes to blank page with "Invalid token" message. When try go back in the browser, it shows the website normally and even as logged in.

Secondly, the latest module does not work properly now, when I am unlogged then it shows just "No posts to display", although today was 10 posts written.

Any suggestion what I have done wrong, please? Thanks you very much indeed.

You can check it here out: www.8910.cz or www.8910.cz/forum
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 40M | Max file upload: 25M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : 8910 | author: DREAMMEDIA.CZ | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2009-08-28

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.0

(Later I have rewrite the Latest module back to 1.6.2 due to my hack in it)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Hide the site login details

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Invalid token issues are a known Joomla 1.5 issue. You will find help on this subject at the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ). This is not a Kunena problem and it is certainly not something related specifically to K 1.7.2 or to Kunena Latest 1.6.2 (although you should upgrade to Kunena Latest 1.7.2 and Kunena Search 1.7.2 if you want to use those modules).

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by CheechDogg
You are also on joomla 1.5.22 which is very buggy, I would recommend to you to at least upgrade your joomla version to 1.5.25 which is the latest version of 1.5.

You might want to turn off System - Mootools Upgrade from the plugins and see if that works.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by fildin
Ok, I'll find it on joomla.org as well as upgrade Joomla to 1.5.25.

I have tried to install Kunena Latest 1.7.2 before, but it still showed "No posts to display", although 10 posts has been written. Why? What do I wrong?

Sad is, that everything worked perfectly untill I have upgraded on 1.7.2 :(
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by fildin.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #5 by fildin
Ok, Joomla has been successfuly upgraded to 1.5.25. System Mootools upgraded plugin switched off.
Kunena modules Login and Search also updated to 1.7.2.
The outcome is, that both issues are still there, nothing has changed.

I am not sure that I should apply advice about "Invalid token" like this -->
Code:
function login() { // Check for request forgeries JRequest::checkToken() or header('Location: http://www.yourdomainname.com/');

That's I think is a bit weak solution of that issue, isn't it?

Basically, still do not understand, why the login suddenly stopped work right after upgrading Kunena to 1.7.2. Could it be due to the AlphaRegistration component is in use?? Help me out please.

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by CheechDogg
Yes! AlphaRegistration could be the problem. I have AR on my site and I had to disable it to be able to login. Try that and tell me what happens.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #7 by fildin
Hi Guys,

things are going to be a bit more serious. I have just found out that sometimes the homepage goes to blank window as well. Members started to mail me why are the forum and website off, why they are not able to log in.

Also I have noticed, that www.8910.cz/administrator/index.php login does not work as well. I have to always try go back or refresh the site and then the adim appers. I am really desperate.

I have disabled the AlphaRegistration, but it did not help at all.

Just to remind you that everything use to work perfectly before upgrading Kunena to 1.7.2
Fortunately, the Last module seems to be ok now.

Any advice please? Am I suppose to launch debug mode?

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by CheechDogg
The only advice I can give you is to revert back before you had K 1.7.2 , hopefully you backed up your site first before you made this change.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #9 by fildin
Yes I have, but I dont want to downgrade it to 1.6, that's not a solution I am able to accept. I want to run Kunena 1.7.2 as you do recommend on your website.

Don't take it personally, but could any more experienced Kunena moderator have a second look on my problem? It is just about the login issue.

What about the debug mode, could it be helpful?

I really appreciate your help.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10 by CheechDogg
My advice for you to revert back is not to downgrade and stay on that version but rather to see if doing the upgrade again would of fixed your problem.

Disable or remove alpha registration and all other extensions except for the default ones and see if that solves the issue.

Good luck.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds