Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Share one forum between two domains?

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1 by randelld
Hi all,
I would like to know if it is possible to have domain1.com with kunena installed and fully functional, then have domain2.com using it's own database for site content,etc but have domain2.com pull all kunena data from domain1.com database so that both databases are synchronised all of the time, i.e, users and post, etc.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by Matias
Currently it's not possible, at least if the two sites are not identical / use the same Joomla installation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by DOM
Hi!

...but why not? I have the same problem. Both sites are on the same machine in different folders (httpdocs and httpdocs2). In the second Kunenacode I changed all #__fb to jos_fb. I thougt that both Kunena show the same by this way. But in Admin-menu I get an Error and the Frontend says, the forum would be down.

Sry for my bad english...

Best regards
DOM

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by Matias
You mean that you have both sites in the same database? Then it is possible, but only if you change all the SQL queries + few other things to use different table. You also need to synchronize users between those two sites or you will run into troubles eventually.

PS. Check components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.config.class.php, there's a class that makes sure that you have all the fb_* tables in Joomla..

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by DOM
Yes! Does almost everything. I still have problems with the Admin menu. But I will manage already. If not I will sign.

Thanks for the tip!

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by fxstein

Matias wrote: You mean that you have both sites in the same database? Then it is possible, but only if you change all the SQL queries + few other things to use different table. You also need to synchronize users between those two sites or you will run into troubles eventually.

PS. Check components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.config.class.php, there's a class that makes sure that you have all the fb_* tables in Joomla..

I'd say it might be partially possible. There is still file based logic, that happens outside the DB that can create issues if tow different domains use a single db. For example and file uploads will create filenames unique to their httpdocs directory tree. If you have two seperate trees, this could potentially creat issues. For example in the backend, where various file and imgae browsers cannot find part of the images or files.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by DOM

fxstein wrote: I'd say it might be partially possible. There is still file based logic, that happens outside the DB that can create issues if tow different domains use a single db. For example and file uploads will create filenames unique to their httpdocs directory tree. If you have two seperate trees, this could potentially creat issues. For example in the backend, where various file and imgae browsers cannot find part of the images or files.

Hey,

I know. For this, I created Symlinks for the file- and imagefolder. That works.

But I have still a little Problem: The configuration is not savable (omg is that right? ^^). Categories, and also the threads are all there in the Frontend. The Backend says: "Configuration saved", but all is default. Why he don't gets the settings from the first Kunena?

Best regards
DOM

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by Matias
Check again lib/kunena.config.class.php.. There are a few places with SQL calls AND Joomla DB functions. Maybe you missed some of those?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #9 by rizmedh
--edit--
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by rizmedh.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #10 by DOM
I don't think so. I checked this file again. The only thing I found is this:
Code:
$kunena_db = &JFactory::getDBO(); $kunena_db->setQuery( "SHOW TABLES LIKE '" .$kunena_db->getPrefix(). "fb_%'"); $tables = $kunena_db->loadResultArray(); $prelen = strlen($kunena_db->getPrefix()); foreach ($tables as $table) $this->tables['jos_'.substr($table,$prelen)] = 1; check_dberror('Unable to check for existing tables.');

But if I change something, the Forum is down.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by DOM.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds