Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Remove login/logout and register links in Kunena

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1 by sozzled
This forum is asked the question many times: how can I remove the login, logout, register and lost password links in Kunena? This is of particular interest to those who have alternative ways of managing these functions but who still want to keep the other features in the Kunena "profilebox". B)

The solution lies in modifying the file ../components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/profilebox/profilebox.php. To save people the trouble, I am including the modified [K 1.5.4] source code here .

Attachment profilebox.txt not found

The effects of the changes are shown in the two images that follow:

(a) before login:

(b) after login:
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by David Boggitt
Hi,

Will this code be the same for version 1.5.5 and could I please beg the developers to add the option to disable this line (but keep the 'Welcome' line) in the admin side.

Many thanks,

Dave.

More
14 years 5 days ago - 14 years 5 days ago #3 by fishing_in_israel
sozzled wrote:

This forum is asked the question many times: how can I remove the login, logout, register and lost password links in Kunena? This is of particular interest to those who have alternative ways of managing these functions but who still want to keep the other features in the Kunena "profilebox". B)

The solution lies in modifying the file ../components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/profilebox/profilebox.php. To save people the trouble, I am including the modified [K 1.5.4] source code here .

Attachment profilebox.txt not found

The effects of the changes are shown in the two images that follow:

(a) before login:

(b) after login:

This looks like the solution to my needs :)
Is it compatible with Kunena 1.5.11 ?

I just edited the file: components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/profilebox/profilebox.php like so:

Overwrite (lines 194 to 200):

<br/> <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_PLEASE; ?>

<a href = "<?php echo $loginlink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_LOGIN; ?></a> <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_OR; ?> <a href = "<?php echo $registerlink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_REGISTER; ?></a>.

&nbsp;&nbsp;

<a href = "<?php echo $lostpasslink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_LOST_PASSWORD; ?></a>

with:

<br/> <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_PLEASE; ?> <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_LOGIN; ?> <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_OR; ?> <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_REGISTER; ?>.

Basically it removes the hyperlinks.

And to remove to 'Logout' link:
Remove from line 139:
| <a href = "<?php echo $logoutlink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_LOGOUT; ?></a>

I tested it on a local install just to make sure it works.

Could someone more knowledgeable than me confirm that this is OK.....
Last edit: 14 years 5 days ago by fishing_in_israel. Reason: typo

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by Hinson
I have a similar but different question. I don't want to remove the links, but I do want to change the wording from "Please Login or Register" to Please Login or Register to view forum contents.

I'm doing this in hopes that more 'guests' will be encouraged to register without having to allow them access to the contents of the forum.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #5 by Hinson
Another question: I just realized that I neglected to check the 'subscribe' box and it cannot be done via 'edit.' Is there any way to set the default to subscribe and have the poster UNcheck if s/he doesn't want email notifications?
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
Hinson wrote:

I have a similar but different question. I don't want to remove the links, but I do want to change the wording from "Please Login or Register" to Please Login or Register to view forum contents.

I'm doing this in hopes that more 'guests' will be encouraged to register without having to allow them access to the contents of the forum.

Yes, that's a good way of rephrasing what I wrote 10 months ago. The idea is still similar (even if other things have changed between K 1.5.4 and K 1.5.12): you need to edit ../components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/profilebox/profilebox.php and remove the hyperlinks surrounding the text strings that translate as "login" and "register".

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
Hinson wrote:

Another question: I just realized that I neglected to check the 'subscribe' box and it cannot be done via 'edit.' Is there any way to set the default to subscribe and have the poster UNcheck if s/he doesn't want email notifications?

I think you would have to agree that this question is rather off-topic in a discussion about how to remove the login/register links.

The short answer to your question is that undo subscriptions via message edit, yes there is a way to set the default subscription checkbox behaviour and, yes, users can unsubscribe after they have subscribed. You can unsubscribe using the button and you can manage your subscriptions from your user profile. You can change the default subscription checkbox behaviour with a Kunena configuration setting . If you would like more information you might like to start a new topic in the Common Questions category? :)

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #8 by TBK
For 1.6.0 you have to comment out
Code:
CKunenaTools::displayLoginBox();
in
Code:
Joomla Root\components\com_kunena\kunena.php
on line 362 to remove the whole box.

If you just wanna remove the registration and login/out options, then you have to edit the two files in
Code:
Joomla Root\components\com_kunena\template\default\loginbox\
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by TBK.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #9 by Phweedo
TBK, Commenting out that line produces an error for me on the main forum page now (when you click on "forum" from the site's menu). If I navigate to one of the subforums or an actual post it the page loads and I can see the welcome box is gone.

Fatal error: Class 'KunenaUser' not found in
Code:
/homepages/0/d317968395/htdocs/components/com_kunena/funcs/listcat.php on line 237
Any ideas??

You can see the error here:
www.mylocalyoga.com/index.php/forum
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Phweedo.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10 by ke4obt
I tried the suggestions in this thread, but lost my forum - it went down to basically just text links.
I'm using Kunena 1.5.12 on Joomla 1.5.20 with JomSocial 1.8.8.
I noticed that there are multiple instances of the "login", etc. I removed/replaced the ones that were mentioned in the thread. do I need to do anything with the others?

thanks in advance,
Flip

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds