Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Need help whit the ranks title

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by Bizmike
I need some help.

When i try to change the ranks user title i got the error message, unknow item missed.

what can i do??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I need to know what have do exactly, because I can't reproduce this error.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by Bizmike
xillibit wrote:

Hello,

I need to know what have do exactly, because I can't reproduce this error.

Sorry about my english.

When i try to change the Rank titles like Moderator to super-Moderator, or Spammer to Boring or others i receive a error message saying unknown parameter missing.
I also can´t see images in the rank image dropbox.
Attachments:

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
If you read docs.kunena.com/index.php/Ranks_management you will see that the ranks images are stored in ../com_kunena/template/<current template>/images/english/ranks/ where <current template> is the folder name of the Kunena forum template, e.g. default_ex. I had written a lot more about this subject in the Wiki but, somehow, most of what I'd written has been removed. Maybe the bits that remain in the Wiki will help you? Maybe you could try copying the files in that "english" folder into your language-specific folder?
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 9 months ago #5 by Bizmike
sozzled wrote:

If you read docs.kunena.com/index.php/Ranks_management you will see that the ranks images are stored in ../com_kunena/template/<current template>/images/english/ranks/ where <current template> is the folder name of the Kunena forum template, e.g. default_ex. I had written a lot more about this subject in the Wiki but, somehow, most of what I'd written has been removed. Maybe the bits that remain in the Wiki will help you? Maybe you could try copying the files in that "english" folder into your language-specific folder?

Thank you,
But why its not possible to change the ranks titles?? That´s what i really need.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

when you edit a rank do you fill all the fields ?

I have find fixed the wrong paths because the images ranks wasn't displayed, replace these files in administrator/components/com_kunena :

Attachment Desktop.zip not found

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #7 by Lintzy
Hi Bizmike,

do you have installed an additional language? (I will explain it with the example of german language.)

The german language file (kunena.german.php) belongs into

/administrator/components/com_kunena/language

(so you will have two files here kunena.english.php and kunena.german.php)

And now the important: You must also install a folder german (with images), this belongs into

/components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/images/ -> german

So you will have two folders in
/components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/images/

english and german.

If you have installed it correct, than there is a further possibility, why you got this rankmanagement error:

Please look into your webspace /( your server - take a FTP-Client for this. And look if the folders have different owner /groups.

It can look =

name1/name2
name1/name2
name1/name2
name1/name2

But it should not look like

name1/name2
name1/name2
name3/name4

Look if the image folder of your language has the same owner/group as the english image folder. And if the permissions are set for folder to 755 and for files to 644.

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Lintzy.

More
14 years 9 months ago #8 by Bizmike
Lintzy wrote:

Hi Bizmike,

do you have installed an additional language? (I will explain it with the example of german language.)

The german language file (kunena.german.php) belongs into

/administrator/components/com_kunena/language

(so you will have two files here kunena.english.php and kunena.german.php)

And now the important: You must also install a folder german (with images), this belongs into

/components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/images/ -> german

Thank you, thats exactly what i need.
Now everythings its ok.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, for everybody...

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds