Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question SOLVED: Trouble getting into forum as "everyone"

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1 by grobi
Hi Kunena´ers

I newly installed a 1.5.9 and importet all my data from a WBB3 ==> SMF ==> Kunena.
Worked very well.

Today I noticed, that as a "everyone" or "anonymous" user I could see all the forums, but if i try to get, I get the joomla login mask.

When I'm loged in as user, everything is fine.
All my forums are set to Public access => everyone.

Any ideas?
you could have a look at my website
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by grobi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Please familiarise yourself with How to create Categories, Forums and Subforums and Forum Setup, Permissions and Forums for special Groups .

If you have further questions, please reply. :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by grobi
Solved:
The problem was, that I created two Menu Link, one for registered users (while I was playing around with the migration) and another one for public use, after the migration.

After killing the Menu Link for registered users, everything works fine.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply and for providing the solution to this problem and to another problem that was reported a while ago ( Cannot View Posts as Guests )

For other users who may have this issue - not being able to get into the message forum as a guest even though the forum settings are "Kunena Configuration » Registered Users Only = No" - it pays to check if you have multiple menu links to your Kunena forum as the following image shows. Depending on which link you use, the forum will not be accessible to you unless you are logged-in. In this case the solution was to remove the first of those links.

Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds