Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important 500 Internal Server Error

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by DanJRWalsh
Hey,

I've used Joomla with CB and Kunena in the past before with out a single problem and so far my site is running great. Now I am not sure why but for some reason I am receiving a 500 error which I know is a server error and is normally related to php and .htaccess, but the thing is I only receive this error when trying to post or edit posts.

I do not receive this error on any other part of my website and even browsing the forum is fine. It only appears when attempting to do something with posts. I do have SEF and mod_rewrite enabled (does not help if they are disabled).

I also tried re-installing Kunena but that didn't seem to help at all.

Versions
Joomla: 1.5
Kunena: 1.5.12

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreicated! :D

Direct link to Kunena: www.tekknowledgey.tk/community/forum
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by DanJRWalsh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, DanJRWalsh, welcome to Kunena and thank you very much for providing a very comprehensive account of your system! This is very much appreciated.

As you've probably read - I have already guessed that you've searched this forum for HTTP 500 Internal Server Error, but didn't find a lot of specific help - these kinds of problems are among the most difficult to diagnose.

Possible causes for HTTP 500 Internal Server Error:
  • Bad program code - syntax errors and run-time errors. In the Joomla environment, this usually means PHP.
  • Running other Joomla extensions that interact and conflict with Kunena.
  • Corrupted databases, missing indexes on SQL tables or incompatible database schema with the program code that's trying to access those things.
What I've just listed is not an exhaustive list, but those are the first areas I would concentrate on.

The problem with "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" is that it doesn't tell you very much. To get more information, enable Joomla debug mode. Please report any details that emerge when you repeat your tests.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanJRWalsh

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #3 by DanJRWalsh
Since you cannot look at the Joomla debug when the server error comes up I've posted the debug before for when I am in a forum:
Code:
Profile Information Application afterLoad: 0.001 seconds, 0.40 MB Application afterInitialise: 0.113 seconds, 3.64 MB Application afterRoute: 0.138 seconds, 4.87 MB Application afterDispatch: 0.427 seconds, 19.78 MB Application afterRender: 0.518 seconds, 21.57 MB Memory Usage 22657672 53 queries logged SELECT * FROM jos_session WHERE session_id = 'e5723c60d25899a586140d7cd9b0b494' DELETE FROM jos_session WHERE ( time < '1280942886' ) SELECT * FROM jos_session WHERE session_id = 'e5723c60d25899a586140d7cd9b0b494' UPDATE `jos_session` SET `time`='1280943786',`userid`='62',`usertype`='Super Administrator',`username`='Dan',`gid`='25',`guest`='0',`client_id`='0',`data`='bhgRrG3-KkR-iapMaezhXghd0M3DDiE-ggTAmLiDTq5m6KiBbYzSihsZutj7B-j70qvcK-FAm98GkZZw1mVW2wYH-1kzBu_KbsOpvKD5GgVGTJhiOjTmrMg4-WpDqMTXxy8iC_9sEc1FXHFI9y6c4zpnRRtMFBWfMggFOPzfqrqvnEqUS7lFKtjSKbWFGf_V0rpJ1Mk-Cu8Nw0VYRWAWg0BmLBLa8gCFgO0-gILEvWWOfuU8M6FSYK9uDJm1i0k9ot9OzlkOKgjDu10CVBN68q2oqvBnQRG_B-P8FAaSbAbEpXXwGzb-cuI6UPAbyktkBQvwU3k1b9FeJ0jerZMTNVnFJ5-OlIaiLvyMGN9mZaq2AnNbrYxq-V1BrYEg-qDSUldUHP7tiyyi4CJfDpvwtHH4zSjW6Cp_UxgXe_AtW1S4_QiBFuIrMeMh-1PQ1IqjyDKyWs7Gi-xNk8tiQZgiQmqeksxRonBj3iOoBHkmswxpWjw5WK8lhMgGxtrf1wmQ1o5-Pq7YFZZchhCFcsBgjCXeTsE7un8WjDhrsfuI1x2ux6m3d6FmzuS4Pwwc8Q4MGw6YD5KnPbKyEVYWmwFWDn3wK_eau-7LmCiCP3kHgmpMS76PMfSJ3Y2HHbOuMNv80BwP7V8QsM0pUzoePeaMgSoi7ucJoLPO-OmYtqis-uSGWgvblAuBSDPwetTkVZXHvJRn9Z4UZ4_srCeqStlxKquSqUYVZ8u26fiXznbQy2CosIzv7nX6oKO2s7su5EppKGP13zeyBpmqvHuFU-XxsB8bk1ITzsk7KFzVBkpSx4veiOqCou4dvZmxB1Os6J3r9Lg-zzD_Df8o8c6WPB-Eku-bobXNsWKTK00fB0-Jdm1O2vx-n-VIfrceJZ24hfSDkSLiayGWhNu0tcmBpqdD_VO65Vv7bndKPB6P9aPf1myPUIEuA_lHJYai_NenwauGHqwdFPjsyYhd78TZTamTPrll6Gr9bIsHxbq2_aMh0vk_ifsXKM0v0D-bvbsXtsIHk_-pesi1ZV9L60ZM4KvCTLbfEVfZpBxpfnL909CHMSyf59X8sOdjq1xguc6obmcrguumfbwk0xmhMf1z1cS_8yBCF9l9xBrVMnTmyhlixan8rmSiEpy628LS3QMHipfLv2kkN3aAOGve4nKFFRFQ1iWa3rKmsbQXNEqiFAS87Y9VcNAPAdNZLgYdFXKpXqI4k-j46A3H_zzLk7dVPygq9Pu6CGFNoqojvDn6JTGYKc9S3fD3zEwMXiA0PqoxaUxpZIxCV6DulxZFqaahEp0CgI6KpUoXYpvYaqNVtVvcVXRS9swUhHeXVAYhTshViS6nFY0MgU9VqegPQhikSyFnClRKBElv4_bDstFmfNdFl5yPEJwYXoxrPXZQZsYfVPGwXa-YmGdlsIL54bidrcd83I6BBmx2-Z9FrEzygrEtaErmj5CDF08yAlMLFmk6MKntoFAh8VGf8VCevPkatIl9IhYrgMpusmzjyzlqQlC_1JY014_4Fk9QnNltTaPlymcvn18aDp9F6Rw6nneN15riDWAsyYNQw_Xrf8rs6PcTOCiZHo5UScxt03MjAU1RxbjDoKvEtUzkyTV0vFACYSxD5UvDhDXQi5zC0e3ccQ9p99YaLRozK5gOA2Y6NSmJfmxDbOHKl-fvOy_tT2I10dt5xqkCtoI5ABj-XvOeXmROfxPWymxSfylrhljUry7MzuFDZg09-NLuowNc_EGsvJBOCiZuzzVwTYDILd1Tb9rLgLCZwgMXZRJ0AcJFxO5DrCGGGSWge6D43HWO5FIykdtNwlgUasOy9Rf5_0tafmAe-21eTOw5tTTdREwgBDRasFIIJcRMv5SFGR9SEF1uHoXq91vQTt2IDtqta1aJzVTHRXlsKNFkpNIPLjJjJm9jNOvTAZ_d7QzYxm8S2n_CWDAJbOPrH8SXEeLiqQLtEsI8iPHdHUUUH2Z8bVymeuSF1rxV-AqOePyL7GjJG6L3u5sIeJ9jk3M0wG4L80K7IkWtW7goYebQJcKbg4aOThOJFCKKWArubnhWXCfWJKFpSOr-LV3FID6YDhgCYSt2oqXJ6z5CBHdUVx5sr9Cq3oxqei56N94CRt_JQnTx_GC_dzFASC33fr4mM3ekXTr0ee3ElMU13xm6OoHISvwKw5pPt2rK1SL-8TmDyWsHsjmxs7OsKhgLDIYaQmqJ4jTexxis68NtIadWhyPDjrweY94-6eQ2bo9LpVd15f1I7oE_rQTLB9KFPZyQ3c8WXt1bdmnLAf2a90McWPMzBml83FcynCwdYblLJcXyTP1Uf6Af4_Aycp1KcsJiwPBb3jebvWBE8Ic.' WHERE session_id='e5723c60d25899a586140d7cd9b0b494' SELECT folder AS type, element AS name, params FROM jos_plugins WHERE published >= 1 AND access <= 2 ORDER BY ordering SELECT m.*, c.`option` AS component FROM jos_menu AS m LEFT JOIN jos_components AS c ON m.componentid = c.id WHERE m.published = 1 ORDER BY m.sublevel, m.parent, m.ordering SELECT * FROM jos_fb_users WHERE userid = '62' SHOW TABLES LIKE 'jos_fb_%' SELECT * FROM jos_fb_config SELECT id, name FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE published=1 SELECT parent FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE id=2 SELECT * FROM jos_components WHERE parent = 0 SELECT * FROM jos_rokcandy WHERE published=1 SELECT template FROM jos_templates_menu WHERE client_id = 0 AND (menuid = 0 OR menuid = 54) ORDER BY menuid DESC LIMIT 0, 1 SELECT g.* FROM jos_core_acl_aro_groups AS g INNER JOIN jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map AS gm ON gm.group_id = g.id INNER JOIN jos_core_acl_aro AS ao ON ao.id = gm.aro_id WHERE ao.value='62' ORDER BY g.id SELECT id FROM jos_menu WHERE link='index.php?option=com_kunena' AND published='1' SELECT id FROM jos_menu WHERE link = 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler' AND published=1 AND access <= 2 SELECT id, folder, element, published, type, params, CONCAT_WS('/',folder,element) AS lookup, name FROM jos_comprofiler_plugin WHERE published = 1 AND access <= 2 AND type = 'user' ORDER BY ordering SELECT template FROM jos_templates_menu WHERE client_id='0' DELETE FROM jos_fb_whoisonline WHERE time < '1280941987' SELECT COUNT(*) FROM jos_fb_whoisonline WHERE userip='67.70.95.241' AND userid='62' SELECT name FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE id='2' UPDATE jos_fb_whoisonline SET time='1280943787', what='News & Announcements', do='', task='', link='http://www.tekknowledgey.tk/community/forum/news-a-announcements', func='showcat' WHERE userid='62' AND userip='67.70.95.241' SELECT id,pub_access,pub_recurse,admin_access,admin_recurse,parent,name,locked,moderated,published,description,review FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE id='2' SELECT * FROM jos_fb_sessions WHERE userid = '62' UPDATE `jos_fb_sessions` SET `allowed`='1,8,9,2,6,7,3,4,5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37',`lasttime`='1280904357',`readtopics`='',`currvisit`='1280943787' WHERE userid='62' SELECT VIEW FROM jos_fb_users WHERE userid='62' SELECT MAX(posts) FROM jos_fb_users SELECT parent FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE id='2' SELECT COUNT(*) FROM jos_fb_messages WHERE catid='2' AND hold='1' SELECT * FROM jos_users AS u LEFT JOIN jos_comprofiler AS c ON c.id = u.id WHERE u.id = 62 SELECT username FROM jos_users WHERE id = 62 LIMIT 0, 1 SELECT su.VIEW, u.name, u.username, su.moderator, su.avatar FROM jos_fb_users AS su LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id=su.userid WHERE su.userid=62 LIMIT 0, 1 SELECT `gid` FROM `jos_users` WHERE `id` = 62 SELECT g1.`id` AS group_id, g1.`name` FROM `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` AS g1 LEFT JOIN `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` AS g2 ON g2.`lft` >= g1.`lft` WHERE g2.`id` = 25 ORDER BY g1.`name` SELECT f.* FROM jos_comprofiler_fields f INNER JOIN jos_comprofiler_tabs AS t ON (f.tabid = t.tabid) WHERE f.published = 1 AND f.profile != 0 AND t.enabled = 1 AND t.useraccessgroupid IN (24,19,20,23,30,29,21,18,17,25,28,-2,-1) ORDER BY t.position, t.ordering, f.ordering SELECT username FROM jos_users WHERE id = 62 LIMIT 0, 1 SELECT username FROM jos_users WHERE id = 62 LIMIT 0, 1 SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id WHERE m.published = 1 AND m.access <= 2 AND m.client_id = 0 AND ( mm.menuid = 54 OR mm.menuid = 0 ) ORDER BY position, ordering SELECT COUNT(*) FROM jos_fb_messages WHERE parent='0' AND catid='2' AND hold='0' SELECT t.id, MAX(m.id) AS lastid FROM jos_fb_messages AS t INNER JOIN jos_fb_messages AS m ON t.id = m.thread WHERE t.parent='0' AND t.hold='0' AND t.catid='2' AND m.hold='0' AND m.catid='2' GROUP BY m.thread ORDER BY t.ordering DESC, lastid DESC LIMIT 0, 20 SELECT COUNT(*) FROM jos_fb_messages WHERE catid='2' AND hold='1' SELECT * FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE id='2' SELECT name, id FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE id='1' SELECT * FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE id='2' AND published='1' SELECT * FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE id='1' AND published='1' SELECT w.userid, u.username AS username, k.showOnline FROM jos_fb_whoisonline AS w LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id=w.userid LEFT JOIN jos_fb_users AS k ON k.userid=w.userid WHERE w.link LIKE '%http://www.tekknowledgey.tk/community/forum/news-a-announcements%' GROUP BY w.userid ORDER BY u.username ASC SELECT username FROM jos_users WHERE id = 62 LIMIT 0, 1 SELECT id, name, locked,review, pub_access, pub_recurse, admin_access, admin_recurse FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE parent='2' AND published='1' ORDER BY ordering SELECT code, `location` FROM jos_fb_smileys SELECT readtopics FROM jos_fb_sessions WHERE userid='62' SELECT * FROM jos_fb_moderation AS m LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id=m.userid WHERE m.catid='2' SELECT * FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE id IN (1,8,9,2,6,7,3,4,5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37) ORDER BY ordering, name Language Files Loaded /home/dan/public_html/language/en-GB/en-GB.ini 1 /home/dan/public_html/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_debug.ini 1 /home/dan/public_html/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_kunena.ini /home/dan/public_html/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_rt_infuse_j15.ini 1 /home/dan/public_html/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_roknavmenu.ini 1 /home/dan/public_html/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_roknavmenu_boost.ini 1 /home/dan/public_html/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_roknavmenu_extendedlink.ini 1 /home/dan/public_html/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_breadcrumbs.ini 1 /home/dan/public_html/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_rokajaxsearch.ini 1 /home/dan/public_html/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_mainmenu.ini 1 Untranslated Strings Diagnostic None Untranslated Strings Designer None

I don't know if this is helpful or not because it just displays some queries and basic information but maybe I am just missing something.

Some of the issues you listed I'll see if I can answer:

Bad program code - syntax errors and run-time errors. In the Joomla environment, this usually means PHP.

Although this is very possible I wouldn't really expect it as I have not modified any of the codes and had no problems or errors with installation.

Running other Joomla extensions that interact and conflict with Kunena.

The only real other extension I have running is Community Builder and than some small plug-ins. I did have a video extension installed (JVideo) but I uninstalled it, on the other hand uninstalling an extension through Joomla doesn't remove everything (sql for example).

Corrupted databases, missing indexes on SQL tables or incompatible database schema with the program code that's trying to access those things.

I have not done anything to the database either, but I have uninstalled and reinstall certain things possible leaving some corrupted data although I can not be positive on this nor can I be positive it would even effect making a post.

Since you asked me to turn on debug through Joomla and repeat tests, I did but I do not see any debug when an 500 internal server error comes up. Am I suppose to?

As an extra answer to your guess yes I did quite throughly search up this error on both Kunena's forum and the entire web and did not find a solution. Many recommend looking in an error log for more info, but the Joomla error log gives me nothing while the error log on my host gives me only an error that I'm missing a custom error document and even when I replace that it doesn't fix anything (no surprise there though).

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks, Dan. I'm not a great technical expert when it comes to solving problems like these - that's what other people are for (and I hope they look at this soon) but let's go through the top three common causes again again:
  • Bad program code: this can arise from any source (not, specifically, from code that you might have written). It could be a mistake made by a developer of some software that's running on your website at the time that you get the error but which software, that's anyone's guess. It's possible that the source code was corrupted or not properly installed. There are too many possibilities to list here
  • Other Joomla extensions: Joomla extensions means components, modules, plugins, languages and templates. That's a very large list of sources, isn't it? In addition to running Kunena and Community Builder, you are also running the RocketTheme template rt_infuse_j15, the RocketTheme modules roknavmenu and rokajaxsearch, the RocketTheme plugins roknavmenu_boost and roknavmenu_extendedlink ... as well as other things that may not have been included in your report.

By the way: what version of CB are you using? What specific version of Joomla are you using?
  • Database issues: it's not necessarily a case of what you may have done, it's what may have been done to your databases. It's impossible to give generic help in this area. Look for things like database collation method (for example) - are all your Joomla databases using the same collation method? What method are you using? Try checking for database integrity" use phpMyAdmin to help.

Database issues are a strong contender among the top three causes for HTTP 500 internal server errors.
We can speculate for days, we can experiment, try this try that, but the most important question for you is how important is solving this problem at the moment?

DanJRWalsh wrote: I've used Joomla with CB and Kunena in the past before with out a single problem and so far my site is running great. Now I am not sure why but for some reason I am receiving a 500 error

It's the suddenly unexpected change that worries me. What has recently changed that has introduced this behaviour?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #5 by DanJRWalsh
Thanks for the response once again!

Fixing this issue is pretty important to me since I am trying to get the site complete and the forum happens to be one of the main components of my site.

From what I know nothing has changed so I do not know why there is a 500 error, it just happened. My Joomla site was in a folder (/test) before and than I moved it over to become my main site. Although I was sure I changed all the paths is it possible this may have caused the error?

The only thing is if it was bad coding wouldn't it be in Kunena, since it only happens when trying to post? I tried re-installing it but that didn't help.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled

DanJRWalsh wrote: From what I know nothing has changed so I do not know why there is a 500 error, it just happened. My Joomla site was in a folder (/test) before and than I moved it over to become my main site. Although I was sure I changed all the paths is it possible this may have caused the error?

Yes. And more than that, "copying" is a little vague. How did you perform the copy?

So, what you're basically saying is this: my site was working when it was in test, but since I copied it elsewhere, it doesn't work in the new location. Would that be a fair re-statement of the problem? :unsure:

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #7 by DanJRWalsh
I simply performed it by selecting all the files and moved them into public_html and fixed the paths in the config. Everything but posting seems to work fine though.

I am going to do a quick check through my database to see what I can find.

And no. When it was in /test stupidly of me I didn't test posting so I can not be certain if it was working.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
I use Joomlapack (now known as Akeeba Backup) to copy my database and site files from one location to another. It also helps to have the "strategic view": always use relative links (not absolute links) when building a website, because you never know if you're going to move the site somewhere else ... possibly to a different server ... possibly to an entirely different domain.

I think I hit a similar problem once (early in my use of Joomla): tried to copy directories across; failed in the task ... 500 server error problem. Used Joomlapack and I've never encountered those issues since.

I have had plenty of HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors (some of them with Kunena) in my experience ... but for the reasons I have explained in this thread.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by DanJRWalsh
Okay so you suggestion using the extension but what can I do about the current issue? Sadly the internet doesn't have an undo button :(

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled
I, personally, don't know what to do specifically about your current issue. If I, personally, were in your shoes, I'd restore my test site from a backup or, if that weren't possible, I'd start again and be very careful next time around. Testing ideas is a pain in the rear-end; it can take hours or days - searching for answers on the internet or using a bit of rat-cunning to work through or work around the technical problems that you encounter along the way.

The KISS principle is the best principle. Keep it simple, stupid! ;)

Start with what you know works: Apache (the right version); PHP (the right version); MySQL (the right version); Joomla (the right version); a simple template (rhuk_milkyway or JA_Purity); the most important component that you absolutely must have and that your entire site is built around ... and make sure it's the right version.

And when you've done all of those things, and when you've exhausted yourself testing them and making sure they work ... that's when you start adding the "bells and whistles", one at a time, and after each one, check that your core platform still performs without any problems. Sometimes you might need more than one pair of hands to test these things. That's the way it goes.

But, you've probably heard all of this before and I could be preaching to the converted, for all I know. For your sake, I hope that someone else might have some better tips than I've given you. It's unfortunate that all we've got to go with is "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" and nothing else. :(

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds