Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question cb.wall.php causes RSS feed error: XML Parsing Error: junk after document element

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by Baze
Moderator's note: topic split from RSS doesn't work in my forum with SEF urls

Using joomla 1.5.18 with kunena 1.5.12, also using rt template but even with ?template=rhuk_milkyway i still get the error. The error it self says:

XML Parsing Error: junk after document element
Line Number 26, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
^

You have the link to the forum and the rss in the error above so any help is appreciated...
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by Baze
Replied by Baze on topic RSS Feed problem
Hi everyone,

i'm using Kunena 1.5.12 on J1.5.18 with SEF urls enabled and system legacy plugin turned on. When i click on the RSS icon on the forum i get:

XML Parsing Error: junk after document element
Line Number 26, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
^

The site usese rocket theme Dominion template.

Any help will be appreciated and if you need any other info please let me know.
P.s. i've tried using the default joomla template but the problem still persists.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by LittleJohn
Replied by LittleJohn on topic Re: RSS Feed problem
Hi there

There is css outputted in the xml feed before the actual rss content.
Thats why it fails.

It is not kunena who is outputting this, and you say you have tried the original kunena template, so I believe it is a module or plugin that outputs this.
Try disabling those things one by one and see if the problem goes away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baze

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #4 by LittleJohn
You seem to be using Kunena 1.5.11.

At least that's what the feed tells me: www.pt-tech.net/forum/fb_rss?no_html=1
<generator>Kunena 1.5.11</generator>

However - the problem is still, that something have outputted a space or linebreak before the rss component.
It could be a template, plugin, module, etc., so try going back and disable these extras one by one.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by LittleJohn.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by Baze
Replied by Baze on topic Re: RSS Feed problem
I've tried disabling every module (loaded on the forum menu item) and every plugin one by one, but i still get the same problem... any other suggestion?

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #6 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: RSS Feed problem
Hello,

If it's not in joomla! modules/plugins, it's maybe in your joomla! template, your template put this CSS code which breaks the RSS feed :
Code:
<style> .stupidIE{ padding-top: 10px; padding-left: 10px; font:calibri; font-size:1.2e; -moz-border-radius: 5px; color: black; position: relative; } .round{ margin: 3px; padding: 2px; font:calibri; font-size:1.2e; -moz-border-radius: 5px; color: black; position: relative; } .left{ position: relative; } </style>

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by xillibit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baze

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by LittleJohn
Replied by LittleJohn on topic Re: RSS Feed problem
Just a thought...
You can maybe search all files in your joomla folder for "stupidIE" to see where its coming from.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #8 by Baze
I saw that css part the other day! :) it's part of the module kunena latest, but the module isn't loaded on the same page as the forum itself. Anyway, i'll sort it out and i'll post the results.

cheers

Edit: now that's strange... the code is shown in module kunena latest, but i can't find that css inside any file in the mod_kunenlatest folder :s
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Baze.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: RSS Feed problem
Question for Baze: If you disable the Kunena latest posts module does the RSS feed work properly? If that module is the cause of the K 1.5.12 RSS feed problem then someone should alert other users about it.

One other question - something you can answer for yourself - have you considered eliminating whatever is running on your site that needs legacy mode?
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by Baze
I've tried disabling the module but the problem persists...it's strange...

about the other question, i can't do it untill i find a proper solution for one-two components.. but i'm looking for alternatives so i'll try to do it asap

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds