Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question subscript and superscript BBcode dont work in kunena forums

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by selena
I posted this on the demo site at this page , but was told by the mod to post here. So, here it goes:

I tried to search this all over, but couldn't find it.

I am using Kunena Forums(which i love so much) on a website offering mathematical discussions. It is important to use subscript and superscript function(to display powers of numbers). But whenever someone use the BBcodes for these two functions, after posting the comment, it does not appear in the post.
I mean the numbers inside the subscript and superscript tags appear as normal characters(instead of what they are supposed to be).. :(

May be someone could give a quick solution to this. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by Cerberus
sadly no i cant help with a quick solution because you have told me nothing about your site.

please read this topic and then we can see if with more information we can help solve your problem.

www.kunena.com/forum/138-support/45331-k...ease-read-this-first

NOTE: If you are using anything by rocket themes please disable that as they are main cause of issues with BBcode.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by selena
Cerberus, thanx for the response. Following the link you provided, I am providing the information that might be useful. If there is anything else you might need to know, please let me know.

The Joomla version is: Joomla! 1.5.17 Stable
Kunena version is: Kunena 1.5.11
Template by: Gavick
Nothing is being used from rocket themes. There are custom built modules with with a lot of JQuery in action.

No changes have been made to the configuration files. Only the smileys have been replaced by custom ones.

Another small query, which struck my mind on seeing this support website. My website also uses Jomsocial with Jomsocial profiles integrated with kunena, but there is no field to add signatures. I see that on your website, its the same except signatures are there.Can you tell me how is it accomplished ? I know this is an off-topic query, but couldn't resist.

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by Cerberus
ok you say you have some custom modules running have you tried disabling them all and trying to see if it work then enable them one by one till you find exactly what module is causing your issue. you mite also want to provide me with a user account and link to your site VIA pm so that i can see your issue first hand.

FYI - if i was you id upgarde to joomla 1.5.18 too

as for you jomsocial question i dont use it myself so can not help you with that ( im not one of the kunena team im just a user like you )

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by selena
The problem was there with the previous version of kunena too. I upgraded to 1.5.11 in the hope of finding it resolved, but it wasn't the case. I don't think the problem is with the modules because the problem has been there before any module was put up.

I am sending you a PM with the site name and the account details. :)

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #6 by selena
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by selena.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #7 by Cerberus
hmm well SUB script works but for some unkown reason SUP script is also SUB script on your site.

you also have a JAVA plugin running that i havent seen before plugins/system/greybox try disabling that and see what happens, im certain this is NOT a kunena issue but an issue caused by something Custom you have installed. As you can clearly see from this post that a default installation of kunena the sub and sup script work.

so you need to disable all custom modules/components/plugin you have installed and enable one by one till you find what is causing your issue.

i have finished on your site please remove the account you created for me for your own security.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
Almost without exception, the cause for users being unable to insert, or display the results of, boardcode in their messages lies in a conflict with another component and, (again) almost without exception, the conflict lies in a piece of Javascript. The trick is to find out the cause, isolate it, remove it.

You posted your message in the /forum/138-support/ category. As I just finished writing on an unrelated matter,

... as soon as your questions involve anything that's non-standard the issue starts to lose its relevance in terms of Kunena support. We have to draw the line somewhere. I wrote, in K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first :

We get a lot of requests for "support" but only one in twenty actually deals with genuine support questions. We remind users that, before they rush into asking for help, they spend a few moments reading this topic. It's important!

The Support category is used to address problems with the unmodified core Kunena software - not to ask how to change it or to discuss problems people might encounter with third-party developed features

The reason I made those comments is because we take issues in the Support category very seriously. If there are defects in the current stable version of Kunena we want to identify them and solve them so that they don't affect other users.

The most important matter that we need to identify and isolate as a potential cause of problems in K 1.5 is the Kunena template.

What Kunena template are you using. Do you still have these boardcode problems with the unmodified Kunena default_ex template? :unsure:

More
13 years 10 months ago #9 by Cerberus
been there done that he is using the default template ;)

More
13 years 10 months ago #10 by selena
Cerberus: That means I will have to do as you say, that is to remove all modules and activate them one-by-one(there are a lot of them)
You mentioned that the sub script works. But i cant see that either. All i see is plain text for both the tags. :o

Sozzled: Yes, it is an unmodified default_ex template.

I see that this forum displays the tags just okay ! I am convinced that it is not a kunena issue, but i guess I will have to check it and report back here.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds