Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important [Topic closed by moderator - outdated version] Mail notification broken in 1.5.10!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Trouble
I just upgraded from 1.5.9 to 1.5.10 and now e-mail notifications are not being sent! Instead an error is presented to the user.

If the mail setting in Joomla's global configuration in the back-end is set to "PHP Mail Function" the following error is seen:
Code:
* Could not instantiate mail function. * Could not instantiate mail function.

I assume the error appears twice because there are two moderators who should receive the mail notification.

Swapping the mail setting in Joomla's global configuration to "SMTP server" results in the following error:
Code:
* SMTP Error! The following recipients failed: * SMTP Error! The following recipients failed:

I note the error suggests the recipients are missing! Perhaps this is causing the error?
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Trouble
The Sendmail setting doesn't work either.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Oscarfishlover
I have also had this happen to me twice, can we please have an answer how to solve it ASAP? :)

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Trouble
Yea, it's proving to be causing real problems and confusion for the users! :-(
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by Trouble.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #5 by CheechDogg
So no news on this yet?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #6 by Trouble
Not a sausage! :unsure:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #7 by sozzled
I'm sorry. I have spent the past 3 hours looking at (and responding to) several other issues. I haven't yet had time to verify the claims made in this discussion topic. Obviously this appears to be fairly serious.

Could someone please provide some information on the circumstances involved so that the situation can be reproduced. I was made aware that there was a problem with a release candidate version of K 1.5.10 that affected "favorites" or maybe it was "subscriptions". Please don't take my word for it; I haven't checked the accuracy of the information.,

Do we know what mail is attempted when the "cannot instantiate mail function" errors appear? Does it have something to do with moderated posts, subscriptions, PMs ... what's the source?
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #8 by Trouble
Hi sozzled! Thanks for replying :)

In my installation it is moderated and subscribed posts. It may be that one or the other still works. I'll test in a minute.

I understand from the change log that work has been done to stop double e-mails being received when a user is both a moderator and subscribed to the thread.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #9 by Cerberus
looks like this is another joomla and not kunena issue sozzled i had this on my previous hosting company mail sender plain would not work have recently moved the site to another hoster and now itr works fine, so would leave me to think its a server - joomla not tlking problem but to be more exactly id have to see the error myself.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #10 by sozzled
Trouble: thank you for any help that you can give to this issue. I've been so busy in the past week that I haven't, myself, even had time to install K 1.5.10 on any site nor have time to test it. We've been heavily loaded with bzillions of questions about K 1.5.9 things and we've had a few nuisance callers who have been a distraction, too.

*** off-topic ***
I haven't even had time for breakfast, yet, and my number one job for today is to crawl underneath the house to lay some CAT-5 cable to extend the home computer network. I'm toying with the idea of building a network room for the house but my wife keeps giving me those disapproving looks ... you know, the kind that women exploit relentlessly? :laugh:

I'll bring this thread to the attention of the development team.

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds