Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] The forum incorrectly shows, who views this post or a subject.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #1 by ChaosHead
If to switch off SEF Kunena, the forum incorrectly shows, who views this post or a subject. In any subject or a post shows all online users.
If to switch on SEF Kunena the list of users shows correctly. But I do not use SEF and I think, what probably it is a bug?
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed at user's request

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #2 by xillibit
hello,

What do you mean by incorrectly shows ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #3 by ChaosHead
Here screenshots:
SEF enabled. Correct

SEF disabled. Incorrect.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by ChaosHead.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
It's your choice whether or not you use Joomla SEO (which is what is used by Kunena).

I haven't looked into the matters you describe, but I take your word that the symptoms are correct.

The following may be a little "off-topic" to this discussion but I would like to share an excerpt from a book that I have read (Using Joolmla by Ron Severdia and Kenneth Crowder, published by O'REilly Media Inc.):

If you're building a new website and you're ready for it to go live, be sure to turn SEF URLs on. Not only will it help your ranking in popular search engines, it also helps protect your website from hackers being able to easily find your website if a vulnerability exists in one of your extensions.

Although I am not saying that Kunena has any more or less security vulnerabilities than any other Joomla extension, I am saying that Joomla SEO is a way of making your website more secure from external attacks. And that's a good thing to know! ;)

In order for Kunena SEO to operate (regardless of what settings may appear in the Configuration Settings) you need to have Joomla SEO turned on (as explained in the link I placed in my message above)

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #5 by ChaosHead
Thanks for your answer. It has convinced me. I will use SEO.
Simply have in view of that someone can have such problem.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply. I'm glad I was able to give some helpful advice. :) We appreciate your feedback in order to make Kunena a better and more reliable software component for Joomla and to help others who may also be in your situation.

If you need any further help in setting up Joomla SEO, please ask. I hope that setting up Joomla SEO fixes the problems that you were having. :)

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #7 by steenmf
Hello.
I have been experiencing the sam problem. In the viewing-list there is always: (0 viewing) no matter who or how many are viewing the forum or topic. I have tried to turn Joomla SEO on but without any luck.
Is anyone familiar with the problem or knows how to solve it? Or does anyone know how to turn this function off, as I´m not sure I want to show online users (especially as its always zero). I have tried in Kunena configuration/Stats plugin settings: to set "Show Who is Online" to No, but without any luck.
Would be very glad if someone could give me a hand with this. :)
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by steenmf.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
steenmf wrote:

Does anyone know how to turn this function off, as I´m not sure I want to show online users (especially as its always zero).

This has been answered as a hack.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #9 by ChaosHead
I had one more question.
If I enable "SEF Kunena" in Configuration, my links start to look here so:
www.archangels.su/forum/28
/20688
Russian words in names of categories and posts are not displayed in the url. It is clear. But I think that signs "-" between words too should not be displayed. Whether it is possible to remove them somehow?
I tried to enable UTF8 support. But then, if I copy url I receive longer link. For example the such: www.archangels.su/forum/28-%D0%97%D0%B0%...0%A1-%28TeamSpeak%29

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #10 by sozzled
ChaosHead: your last message is off-topic. The topic we are discussing is the issue "I have a problem with correctly vieiwing who is online." Have we dealt with the original issue? Please do not confuse the issue by asking questions that are unrelated to the original matter. You aren't helping other users and you're not helping us. Thank you. :)

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds