Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question What is the purpose of the "Boardcode" link?

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by csolar
When editing a post, the "Boardcode" heading (next to the formatting options) is actually a link that takes the user to a new window, and displays a FAQ page.

What is the point of this? I can see that the article loaded for the FAQ page is configurable via the "Help Content ID" field. I can see that having a link to a help page could be useful, but I don't understand why it's tied to the "Boardcode" heading. It seems a bit obscure!

Also, I have "Enable Help Page" and "Show help in Kunena" both set to No, so why is it still showing this link?

Thanks,

Chris.

(Jooomla 1.5.15, Kunena 1.5.8)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

If you don't want call it Boardcode, you can change it by editing the file administrator\components\com_kunena\language\kunena.english.php
Code:
Also, I have "Enable Help Page" and "Show help in Kunena" both set to No, so why is it still showing this link?
This seems to be a bug, thanks for reporting this :)

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by csolar
The use of the word "Boardcode" seems to be appropriate, since it's the heading for the boardcode section of the edit screen. The thing that seems odd to me is that the word is also doing double-duty as the link to the help page. I don't see the association.

Cheers,

Chris.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Perhaps the boardcode link makes sense if you make it refer to where your users can get help about how to use the boardcode. This, in my opinion, is a small weakness of Kunena. However, I understand why the original development of Fireboard (which evolved into Kunena) allowed each user to write their own help pages; otherwise the developers would have to ship "how to use boardcode" in every language! :ohmy:

You can improve this situation if you were to, say, place the tags <a name=boardcode></a> in your "FAQ" HTML, for example, see demo.enduring.com.au/forum/faq#boardcode .

There is another problem, though, that has been around with Kunena for a very long time, that no-one has taken on-board seriously: see Minor issue - boardcode help link .
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by xillibit
sozzled wrote:

There is another problem, though, that has been around with Kunena for a very long time, that no-one has taken on-board seriously: see Minor issue - boardcode help link .

Hello,

This has been fixed since long time ago, when you click on boarcode this opens a new page.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thanks, xillibit. I really must've been having a bad day yesterday! :lol: Yes, you're quite right. The issue I'd referred to has been fixed. :blush:

• C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #7 by C0n
can you upload your faq / rules php files so i can add them into my forum please sozzled, Because for some reason my files dont contain the text your ones do :/

Also i think its the file kunena.english.php is needed :D
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by C0n.

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
I'm sorry, C0n. What is it that you would like me to do? Upload what ... where? Perhaps if you showed me what it was that you were referring to I might have a better idea of what you are asking. Thanks :)

• C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
13 years 5 months ago #9 by C0n
Can you upload the php files that are used on your demo site for your rules and faq pages because the pages on my site are blank aswell as in the kunena 1.5.12 instal there also blank.

com_kunena/lib/kunena.credits.php
com_kunena/lib/kunena.faq.php
com_kunena/lib/kunena.rules.php

but i think the rules page is loaded from the administrator/componentns/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php

If you dont mind :D Thanks

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #10 by sozzled
You can copy the rules and help pages from my demo site if you want them. :)

See How to create a rule and a help page in the Wiki for instructions on how to make your own rules and help pages.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds