Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question IE8: tagging of color does not work

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by bkaertner
When I mark/highlight some words in the editor and try to assign that text a color, the start an end-tags skip the marked text.

Example:
If you try to assign the (highlighted) word "two" the color red, this results as follows:
Code:
one t[color=#FF0000][/color]wo three

This only happens in IE8, FF3 is ok.

Edit: Same thing happens with assigning Links. (URL-Tag)
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by bkaertner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
One, two, buckle my shoe ...

The results are unpredictable. I've hightlighted text and used the colour palette and I've had all kinds of results:
Code:
One, tw[color=#FF0000][/color]o, buckle my shoe ... One, [color=#FF0000][/color]two, buckle my shoe ... One, two[color=#FF0000][/color], buckle my shoe ...
and that's just my three, successive attempts to reproduce the symptoms! :ohmy:

Yes, you're right. I've had a stomache-full of IE8-related problems this morning but it's not appropriate to dismiss them with "don't use Internet Explorer" (even if that's how I'm tempted to respond :laugh: ).

I appears you may have discovered a defect in Kunena 1.5.12 or, I suspect, in the Javascript library that's used to drive the editor. Can we take this on notice, please?
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
This also seems to be an issue for K 1.6, too. :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
The Kunena team has been made aware of the problems raised in this discussion topic that affect users of Internet Explorer. These are known problems with IE8; there is also evidence that shows these issues existed in IE7, too. We are working on resolving this situation.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds