Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question RocketTheme template causes 'This Webpage is not available' when edit, reply or create is clicked.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by templarart
Hi

Applications: Joomla 1.5.18, Dominion Template 1.5.8, Kunena 1.5.11, Jomsocial 1.6.289, hwdVideoShare 2010/06/02, My Blog 3.0332
Site: www.sexyamazons.com/main --- user: test pass: testtest (author priviledges)
WARNING: AFAIK there is currently no adult content but lots of bikinis. I may've missed something though.

I've been having trouble getting 'Submit an Article' to come up - I would only receive 'This Webpage is not available' when I would click on the link to 'Submit an Article'. Well after uninstalling a bunch of unused applications and upgrading Joomla and Dominion to the newest versions (above), articles appear to be working again. Unfortunately Kunena now has the same problem 'Submit an Article' had. Clicking on nearly any button that would reply, edit, create a message will cause Kunena to error out with

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at www.sexyamazons.com/main/index.php?optio...ost&do=reply&catid=3 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Did I uninstall something that Kunena needs? (JomComment for example.)
I've tried default templates with no success.
I've installed the 1.6 Alpha version and that worked fine though all the icons were broken.
I had JomSocial integration turned on but turning it off didn't help.
Debug mode is on - doesn't provide any information when 'This webpage is not available' comes up.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kunena multiple times.

Any ideas? Thanks.

BTW: Great forum, my favorite by far.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #2 by Cerberus
You are using a RocketTheme template ande they are very well known here at K.com in causing alot of issues and sadly you have found one of them, the reason kunena is not working is because of a clonflict between one of your rocket theme items and MooTools 2.1 ( the plugin that control all java functions for kunena and joomla ) so by changing your template and removing all RocketTheme components and plugin you will find everything works fine again.

FYI - mootools 2.1 will be included in the next release of joomla. ( if mootools is disabled alot of the joomla and kunena functions will stop working )

error from your homepage: ( proves its not kunena fault but with one of your rocket theme items conflicting with mootools
Code:
Webpage error details User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; AskTbUT2V5/5.8.0.12304) Timestamp: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:30:57 UTC Message: Object doesn't support this property or method Line: 5245 Char: 3 Code: 0 URI: http://www.sexyamazons.com/main/plugins/system/mootools12/mootools12.js Message: Object doesn't support this property or method Line: 3061 Char: 3 Code: 0 URI: http://www.sexyamazons.com/main/plugins/system/mootools12/mootools12.js Message: Object doesn't support this property or method Line: 159 Char: 48 Code: 0 URI: http://www.sexyamazons.com/main/plugins/system/mootools12/mootools12.js
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by templarart
Thanks.

Kunena had been working with Dominion for about 2 months and just stopped after the upgrades and uninstalls. Kunena fails no matter which template I choose.

I just uninstalled Dominion, tried again and it still fails in the same way.

I'm starting over with a new database, different template and installing software one piece at a time.

The site that still has this problem has been changed to:
www.sexyamazons.com/main1/

I would still like to know what happened since starting from scratch and deleting the database would've been disastrous on a live site.

Thanks again.

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
There is no Kunena forum on www.sexyamazons.com/main1/

There is no problem, that I can see, at www.sexyamazons.com/main

There seems to be nothing in common with either of these two websites.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by Cerberus
are you running any modules plugins components from rocket themes ????

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by templarart
Thanks for trying to help.

The old site with the broken Kunena is here:
www.sexyamazons.com/home/

Direct link to forum:
www.sexyamazons.com/home/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=165
user: test
pass: testtest - Author

Solving the problem is probably moot at this point since I've been working to recreate the site from scratch with a new template and I'm almost done. So far Kunena hasn't cracked on me.

No, I'm not using any Rocket Theme stuff on the old site anymore.
(Weird that 1.6 worked fine.)

Anyway, I'll be back if the new Kunena crashes. Thanks again for answering me on the forum.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #7 by keldem
Cerberus wrote:

You are using a RocketTheme template ande they are very well known here at K.com in causing alot of issues and sadly you have found one of them, the reason kunena is not working is because of a clonflict between one of your rocket theme items and MooTools 2.1 ( the plugin that control all java functions for kunena and joomla ) so by changing your template and removing all RocketTheme components and plugin you will find everything works fine again.

FYI - mootools 2.1 will be included in the next release of joomla. ( if mootools is disabled alot of the joomla and kunena functions will stop working )

error from your homepage: ( proves its not kunena fault but with one of your rocket theme items conflicting with mootools

Code:
Webpage error details User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; AskTbUT2V5/5.8.0.12304) Timestamp: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:30:57 UTC Message: Object doesn't support this property or method Line: 5245 Char: 3 Code: 0 URI: http://www.sexyamazons.com/main/plugins/system/mootools12/mootools12.js Message: Object doesn't support this property or method Line: 3061 Char: 3 Code: 0 URI: http://www.sexyamazons.com/main/plugins/system/mootools12/mootools12.js Message: Object doesn't support this property or method Line: 159 Char: 48 Code: 0 URI: http://www.sexyamazons.com/main/plugins/system/mootools12/mootools12.js

heya,

jfyi, there is no mootools 2.1

joomla 1.5 is using mootools 1.1x, and so does rockettheme in their joomla 1.5 templates and extensions.

joomla 1.6 beta is using mootools 1.2
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by keldem.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #8 by Cerberus
oh sorry that was i typing mistake i ment 1.2 and fyi joomla 1.5.19 will be using mootools 1.2 so im told.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled
templarart: please keep the pressure applied on RocketTheme for a response. You paid good money for something that caused so many problems that you were unable to use it. If I were in your place I would be asking for my money back ... just to see their response! ;)

This topic is, in one sense, resolved; we've identified the cause of the problem and we've found a workaround. However, for others' sake I think it's important that users should be approaching RocketTheme for answers.

I am not saying that RocketTheme templates are good nor bad (nor am I saying this about Joomlart templates, which cause different problems for Kunena, either). I am not suggesting that Kunena.com maintains a "rogues gallery" list of Joomla templates that users should avoid. Instead I believe that RocketTheme should be made aware that their templates are causing problems for Kunena users and they should do something to fix their issues. It is not for me to do this - I don't use RocketTheme templates - and other users can choose their own solutions. However, these problems will continue to go on unless the RocketTheme developers get the message and, really, they will get the message quicker if their users apply stronger pressure on them.

More
13 years 10 months ago #10 by kat06
hi templarart,

sorry to hear you were having issues.

you mentioned in your original post that you had the same issue with default templates.

anyways, if you have further details about your setup, please let me know.

i will be happy to try and recreate this issue on my local test install and help find a solution if this issue is related to any rockettheme product.

also feel free to post in the rockettheme forum and contact me there via pm.

cheers,

kat :)
rockettheme

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds