Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Solved]: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in view.php on line 1151

• Adriaan
  • Adriaan's Avatar Topic Author
  • I am a student in Cape Town, South Africa
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by Adriaan
Hi, I have just made my new website, www.netportaal.com with Joomla and with the Kunena plugin to make a forum.

In one of the boards, there is a section for the band Die Heuwels Fantasties .

At the moment, this section only has one post , which unfortunately fails to open correctly. The system gives the error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home2/lettingh/public_html/netportaal/components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/view.php on line 1151

This only happened after I have edited my language file. However, when I view the php file in Gedit and I go to line 1151, there is no '<' in sight.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? Unfortunately I am terribly new at making a website, so this may be something common, but I've checked the forums and this seems to be unrelated to the "unexpected '$end'" problem.

Any help would be appreciated greatly!
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi,

can you attach here that file

/ components / com_kunena / template / default_ex / view.php

Thank you
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by @quila.

• Adriaan
More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by Adriaan
The file is attached. Actually I was checking the wrong file: this one here does in fact have a < on line 1151. I uncommented it using //, and now the problem lies at line 1153. How do I remove that < without breaking Google's code?

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by @quila

Adriaan wrote: The file is attached. Actually I was checking the wrong file: this one here does in fact have a < on line 1151. I uncommented it using //, and now the problem lies at line 1153. How do I remove that < without breaking Google's code?

Where is attached file?? i cant see??

I need to look in the file to say you how to do that. You are using unmodified Kunena 1.5.12, right? No hack??

• Adriaan
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #5 by Adriaan
Sorry, here is the file now.

dl.dropbox.com/u/5580727/view%20%281%29.php

The only modification I made to Kunena was this file (to put the Google Ad in) and the language file, and this problem only came up once I made those edits. I assume it's the ad breaking the page :(

EDIT: I uncommented the <!--'s with // and now the problem is with

<script type="text/javascript"><!--

What should I do?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Adriaan.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by @quila
Try now with this one

File Attachment:

File Name: view 1.zip
File Size:13 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adriaan

• Adriaan
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #7 by Adriaan
Thanks it worked!

How did you fix it?

EDIT: But the ad is supposed to go in the left bar, and not duplicated. Do I change it in this view,php file, or is that somewhere else?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Adriaan.

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by @quila
well, you can not insert html, js code between php tag <?php <script type="text/javascript"> ?>, you must to close php tag first "?>" then insert your code and reopen php "<?php".

BTW: this is wrong way to insert google ads in kunena, you should use module positions for this docs.kunena.com/index.php/Module_Positions

Regards

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by Cerberus
Can you post the language file you edited so i can have a look at it i suspect you have added a < by mistake and a fresh set of eyes will spot it.

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by @quila

Adriaan wrote: Thanks it worked!

How did you fix it?

EDIT: But the ad is supposed to go in the left bar, and not duplicated. Do I change it in this view,php file, or is that somewhere else?

If you want to add one Ad of google you need to create new module in Joomla backend and insert Google code into this module, than when you publish that module, for "Position" write one you can see in our documentation.

kunena_profilebox <-- This one show google in profilebox

kunena_announcement <-- This one show google at top of forum

kunena_bottom <-- This show google at bottom of forum

kunena_msg_1 ... kunena_msg_n, where n = number of messages in a page <-- and this one show google ads between mwssages in the topic.

PS. code you have inserted in view.php should be deleted

Regards

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds