Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question problems with pictures in usersignature

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1 by Yogi
Hallo,

I try my best, to explain my problem in english.

One of my registered user use the Kunena function to fill his signaturecontent with an BBCoded picture link like this :
Code:
[url=http://www.gametracker.com/player/-YFC-%20HoTze/62.113.196.13:27015/][img]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/-YFC-%20HoTze/62.113.196.13:27015/b_560x95.png[/img][/url]

The translation from kunena works correctly and the Gametracker-IMG will shown at the footer in all entrys.

Now to the problem. In the backendconfiguration the key for max. signaturelength is set to value 300. The shown picture has a size of 460x42 !

The result of this entry looks like that : ( see added JPG-Img )

As you can see, the picture overwrites my moderatorbuttons ! I thought the moderatorbuttons should shown under the signatureentrys.

Can anyone help me with this problem ?
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Yogi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

The max. signaturelength can't apply to an image, it's apply only on string, the best way will be to limit the image resolution into the signatures.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by Yogi
Mmm, so from delevoper view this isn´t a bug !?

Sorry but i don´t find a special key in the Kunena configuration for "limit the image resolution into the signatures".

I only found the parameter

"max. imagewidth - declaration in px" under upload ( translated from German )

This parameter is set to "500" and i thought it regards only to images for the image upload function ?

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Yogi wrote:

Mmm, so from delevoper view this isn´t a bug !?

From a Kunena perspective this is neither a "bug" nor a defect.

If Kunena were to allow unrestricted image sizes, large images would destroy your website's look and feel. The cause of your problem is your Joomla template. IF you want to show big images, use a Joomla template that utilises more screen real-estate.

You may also find this discussion topic handy: Increase Signature Space in Default_EX? .

For your other comments, see my responses in blue below:

Yogi wrote:

Sorry but i don´t find a special key in the Kunena configuration for "limit the image resolution into the signatures". - no, there isn't one.

I only found the parameter "max. image width - declaration in px" under upload (translated from German). This parameter is set to "500" and i thought it regards only to images for the image upload function? Yes, that is correct. Images larger than that size will not be uploaded with the "Select image file to attach" feature.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by Yogi
Ok, thx for your time and answers.

The solution is finaly explained in this thread.

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds