Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important [Resolved] Images missing after move to new server

More
14 years 2 days ago - 14 years 1 day ago #1 by sk1nlimited
Hi,

Please can someone help, I migrated from my old server to my new server using joompack. It all worked fine and the forum is up and working again, but it has just been brought to my attention that the images are not there anymore in the various threads that had beem uploaded by users.

The images/jbfiles folder is in the correct root....... this is the strage bit, if you go to www.thesolgroup.co.uk/forum/humour-games and then hover whilst using firefox over 1 of the threads, you will see it the image is refering to the old forum location www.sk1n.co.uk/forum etc..... How can I change or fix this

Please can someone help urgently

I am using

Kunena 1.5.9
Joomla 1.5.15

Many thanks for all you help
Jay
Last edit: 14 years 1 day ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 days ago #2 by sozzled

More
14 years 2 days ago #3 by sk1nlimited
image folder is set to 777

I would love to upgrade to the kunena but i spent ages customisibg the colour and icons and so frth to match my site, if i upgrade will i loose it?

Is there not some script somewhere that needs to be changed to stop it trying to find the imagages from the previous server?

thank you for the quick reply

regards
jay

More
14 years 2 days ago - 14 years 2 days ago #4 by sozzled
sk1nlimited wrote:

I would love to upgrade to the kunena but I spent ages customising the colour and icons and so forth to match my site. If i upgrade will I lose it?

Well, maybe not just a folder permissions issue. It could be the permissions on the files, too. Or the folders higher up the directory tree.

You won't lose your template customisations if you put them into their own directory: (see upgrade kunena without loosing custom template )

It's unlikely that JoomlaPack did not copy the image files from the original site. What version of JoomlaPack are you using? Where were the images originally located? As you say, the URL references to the images in the forum messages are still referring to your old domain.

So, what you probably need to do is write some SQL query that finds all the absolute URL references in your forum, that point to your old domain, and change these to point to your new domain. Not an easy task, but not impossible.
Last edit: 14 years 2 days ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 days ago #5 by xillibit
sk1nlimited wrote:

I would love to upgrade to the kunena but i spent ages customisibg the colour and icons and so frth to match my site, if i upgrade will i loose it?

Is there not some script somewhere that needs to be changed to stop it trying to find the imagages from the previous server?

thank you for the quick reply

regards
jay

Hello,

yes if you upgrade you will lose your changes made on the template. The urls for images how looks like ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 days ago #6 by sk1nlimited
"It's unlikely that JoomlaPack did not copy the image files from the original site. What version of JoomlaPack are you using? Where were the images originally located? Maybe the URL references to the images in the forum messages are still referring to your old domain?"

You have it on the head, the url references in the forum messages are still referrening to the old domain ????, can I change that?

I used the new version of joompack I think it is called akeeba.

Everything is in the correct place and all the images are there :angry: :angry:

Can I change the default reference from the old site to the new one?

If it helps I have Joomsef & Ijoomla SEO installed since the move?

cheers
jay

More
14 years 2 days ago #7 by sk1nlimited
Hi

It looks like it is not refering to www.thesolgroup.co.uk/ etc..... it is still trying to reference to the old url www.sk1n.co.uk/ etc.....

If you are using firefox and you goto www.thesolgroup.co.uk/forum/humour-games and then click on the images category , all the images are missing in the threads, but if you hover over the thread it will show the old url reference for the image

cheers
Jay

More
14 years 2 days ago #8 by sozzled
Akeeba Backup should work (although I haven't used it myself because the last I saw it was still in alpha ... and you never use alpha products with a production website!)

See my earlier msg: you may need to change all the absolute URL references from domain 1 to domain 2.

What is Joomsef? Third-party product? (I don't know and I'm not spending any time looking into it, either) If it's a third-party Joomla extension, get rid of it and see if it makes a difference.

More
14 years 2 days ago #9 by sk1nlimited
thanks for the help, i have diasbled joomsef, makes no difference.

Any idea how you would write a swl query to change the paths ?? :unsure: :unsure:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers
Jay

More
14 years 2 days ago #10 by xillibit
Before to follow my tip, just backup your database :

import the tables jos_fb_messages_text on your local machine, then with a text editor replace all followings strings :
Code:
www.sk1n.co.uk

with :
Code:
www.thesolgroup.co.uk

then re-import the table and try

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.637 seconds