Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Important -1 - An error has occurred. It was not possible to copy the selected file.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #1 by 4uvak91
Hi, I'm trying to install com_kunena_v1.5.11_stable_b1884_2010-04-04.zip on Joomla 1.5.15 but I get thiss error -> white screen &
Code:
-1 - An error has occurred. It was not possible to copy the selected file.
All Directories are writable, because I just installed Wibiya panel plugin!

Apache ver. 2.2.13 (Unix)
PHP version 5.2.13
MySQL ver. 5.0.81-community

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You need to configure the access rights : help.ubuntu.com/community/Joomla#Configure%20Access%20Rights , this is a bit different from permissions files.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #3 by 4uvak91
Well, I use freewebhosting...is it possible to do myself, remote?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4 by xillibit
If you have ssh access, what kind of hosting plan do you have ? Share or dedicated ?
Maybe you can ask to your hoster if he can do this for you ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Advertising
4uvak91: xillibit asked you some specific questions: Do you have a shared or dedicated hosting plan, with SSH access? He also suggested that, if you cannot change directory permissions yourself, maybe you could ask your webhost to do this for you.

You were not asked to provide what effectively amounts to an advertisement for your webhost. Your message above was reported to me by another user because it appeared to them to be unsolicited advertising, in other words, spam. Please try to be careful in future and answer the questions that we ask, not expect us to read some advertising blurb that may (or may not) contain any relevant information. If you don't know the answers about what your webhosting service provider offers then it's your responsibility, not ours, to find out. B)

The site administrators and the moderation team do not endorse any webhost service providers and we do not permit advertising of webhosting services or any other services or products unrelated to Kunena.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #7 by 4uvak91
Replied by 4uvak91 on topic Re: Advertising
Sorry, but the world doesn't end on this..."He also suggested that, if you cannot change directory permissions yourself, maybe you could ask your webhost to do this for you." I also did this after his post...so this problem cause webhost ? But I also said that i changed directories permission myself & I installed plugins, components and such stuff before....but I get error on this plugin. "Do you have a shared or dedicated hosting plan, with SSH access?" I didn't know how to answer on that post, thats why i linked webhost's homepage....there are all features.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by 4uvak91.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
OK, I'm sorry about referring to directory permissions instead of referring to access rights. I became interested in this topic, as I intimated, because another user reported it to me as a potential violation of this site's code of conduct.

4uvak91 wrote:

"Do you have a shared or dedicated hosting plan, with SSH access?" I didn't know how to answer on that post, thats why i linked webhost's homepage....there are all features.

If you don't know the answer then just say "I don't know the answer." Simple as that. As I stated above, it's your responsibility to find out the information ... not ours. If you don't think it's worth the trouble, that's your choice and we will respect it. I am not going to read the advertising blurb of some company I know nothing about and would not know whether the claims they make are current or valid.

From the sounds of things, your webhost is not worth the effort. If you're serious about developing a web site then you'll find a reputable and reliable service provider. Usually this involves paying for that service. Yeah, you can get it for free ... but there's always a hidden cost! ;)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #9 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Advertising
Simple answer is if you cant fix it on current hosting get a better hosting.

free webhosting = very basic stuff and to be honest nothing in this life is FREE cause you get what you pay for there are CHEAP webhostings out there that would meet your need but as sozzle has just said advertising is not allowed here so best i can say is google webhosting and go for the biggest company that meet your needs.

Basic things to look for ( this is in my opinion):

amount of storage space: over 600mb
amount of physical memory: over 2gb
how many databases are you allowed: 2 min
do they give you Cpanel access: YES (makes life alot easy to admin your website)
dedicated IP: required
domain hosting: 1 free min.
24h support: required
average cost: around $20 for basic spec

personaly my live website hosting costs me about $311 a year and my test site costs about $100.

NOTE: prices are in dollars as i personaly found that a us company give me the best deal for my money but hosters are availible from most countries.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #10 by 4uvak91
Replied by 4uvak91 on topic Re: Advertising
Yeah, thank you for advertising me the info :D, but....i'm student, i dont have money for this :/! I think that there is solution for this problem, the Q is still unsolved...i need tips or something from wiser, so please help. There is nothing wrong with free webhost

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds