Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How do you save the configuration? !!!

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by rogerco
Just installed 1.5.11 but I can't see how to save any configuration details. The config screen all seems to be there but there is no button to save, ands it doesn't appear to save automatically as you make changes.

Obviously I am being stupid here as other people must be able to edit and change their configuration, but I'm blowed if I can see how.

I would expect a button labelled Save in a toolbar at the top, or possibly a 'Save' button at the end of each subsection but nothing is appearing. I have looked at every word to see if it hides a 'save' link, but no.

Is this a Firefox 3.6.2 incompatibility or something?

Please help. I even tried uninstalling Kunena it and re-installing it but it is just the same. I even tried downloading the package again in case it had got corrupted but no joy. The server is using current release versions of apache, mysql and php and every other Joomla component works fine.

Is this a v1.5.11 problem - does it work for anyone??

Thanks
RogerCO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

There are no problems in K1.5.11 with kunena configuration panel

Do you have seen the message at the end of installation : "installed with success" ?
:

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by emenus
im having the very same problem,

running, joomla 1.5.15, on linux server, kunena 1.5.11 (no save button, installation all successful (green all the way)).

any ideas?

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by emenus
fond this on another post and tried it, seem to be working fine!
---(from the post i found)
Update: I actually found the problem. it's the file toolbar.kunena.php that has no content.
It looks like a previous similar issue with that very same file where it gets corrupted during installation.

I just uploaded the file manually that i extracted from the download install file. And it's working now
---

More
13 years 11 months ago #5 by rogerco
xillibit wrote:

Hello,

There are no problems in K1.5.11 with kunena configuration panel

Do you have seen the message at the end of installation : "installed with success" ?

I'm sorry xillibit you are wrong. There are certainly problems as the screenshot below shows - there are no Save or Back buttons as there are in your picture.

Yes the component does report install success (I have done it twice as I said). The Joomla version is 1.5.15 as you can see in this picture. I have several other components installed with no problem. The version I used was the tarball archive - perhaps I will try the zip in case you have a corrupted file on the download page. (I downloaded the same file again for the second install in case it had been corrupted on download.)

I'm a little surprised by the arrogance of your reply since your details say you are a Kunena Developer - I assure you that there is a problem and that on this specific system Kunena is uniquely broken.

Does anyone else have any helpful suggestions - I see that at least one other person is having the same problem, which is comforting at least!

RogerCO
Attachments:

More
13 years 11 months ago #6 by ArMyBoT

More
13 years 11 months ago #7 by Hurr1c4n3
The answer is in the previous post!

More
13 years 11 months ago #8 by rogerco
emenus wrote:

fond this on another post and tried it, seem to be working fine!
---(from the post i found)
Update: I actually found the problem. it's the file toolbar.kunena.php that has no content.
It looks like a previous similar issue with that very same file where it gets corrupted during installation.

I just uploaded the file manually that i extracted from the download install file. And it's working now
---

Ah - thank you emenus. That does seem to fix it - I wonder what causes it and whether the dev team are aware of it. I also wonder what else might be getting broken during install.

For reference for anyone else finding this, the file toolbar.kunena.php is found in the root folder of the archive (tar) and needs to go into administrator/components/com_kunena.

Thanks again.

More
13 years 11 months ago #9 by rogerco
Hurr1c4n3 wrote:

The answer is in the previous post!

Actually a work-around is in the earlier post, I was trying it while you wrote.

The answer would be to find out what is causing the problem and fix it in the kunena installation routine - I'll leave that to the developers who are welcome to contact me if they have specific questions about my installation. Could it be a clash with some other component I wonder - seems unlikely that this could corrupt a file during installation which is what appears to happen.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #10 by Cerberus
Sorry to tell you rogerco but you are the one in the wrong as i saw this post i have tested it on my test site from both the tarball and zip archives on a FRESH install of joomla 1.5.15 and both work flawlessly.

So now down to fixing ur issue, either there is a conflict with the template you are using for joomla and the admin panel or one of the other component you have install is conflicting with the JOOMLA admin panel.

1. So my first test would be to use the default_ex kunena template and the rhuk_milkyway template for joomla and see if that sorts ur problem.

2. Disable ALL none standard installed modules/componants/plugins test see if you still have an issue,

2A. If you do then best bet is to start from scratch delete the site and DB (backup db first) then install joomla and then kunena and then install any other module you want but keep checking to see if error has returned.

2B. If the error has gone start enabling your modules/componants/plugins again but after each one is actived check to see if error has returned, once you have found the offening item either remove it from ur setup OR go to the makers of the part and see if there are any updates or advise to why it causing this error.

3. Say sorry to xillibit for bein so rude to him when he was trying to help you and say thanks to me for helping you even though ud have been so rude to a DEV here that is highly respected.

4. Go on your merry way safe in the knowlege that if you have followed all steps correctly you have solved your problem and you are safe in the knowlege that if you have any more issues that you can come back here and be nice and someone out of the goodness of there heart ( sadly im not paid to help ;) ) will help you out till your issue is solved.

kind Regards Cerbie
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Cerberus.

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds