Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Deleted sample data: cannot post anything "error occurred while processing this directive"

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1 by superblues
Sorry but completely new. I have manged to install and set up the Forum on my site along with some Categories. But I cannot find anywhere I can post or write? Missing something simple I guess but what :S
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic subject for relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Re:Posting
Welcome superblues,

please read this tutorial.

How to create Categories, Forums and Subforums

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by superblues
Replied by superblues on topic Re:Posting
Thanks followed it but when I go to start new thread I get [an error occurred while processing this directive]

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Posting
I haven't seen the "error occurred while processing this directive" before. I believe you, but I don't know what causes this symptom.

First of all you state that you cannot find anywhere to create a new message. Then you state that you "followed it" - "it" = the advice in the Wiki, pethaps? :S - and, I presume, you now have an option to start a new topic that wasn't there before? Is that correct? But there's a problem when you use this feature? :dry:

I wonder if it's possible for you to provide the URL of your website, and a test account, so that we can see what you've done?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #5 by superblues
?? here u go www.thebasementyouthclub.com/index.php?o...om_kunena&Itemid=166

Here is the post or write link it tries to open but comes up with [an error occurred while processing this directive] in firefox unable to find or open page in Iexplore? www.thebasementyouthclub.com/index.php?o...st&do=reply&catid=20
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by superblues.

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
The link you posted results in a HTTP 404 page not found error. Are you sure you have the Kunena forum extension installed and that you have a menu item to it?

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #7 by superblues
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by superblues.

More
14 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
The problem was caused by you - you deleted the sample forums but did not create any others.

There's a common mistake that novice Kunena users fall into: "I'll just delete all those 'child' forums because I only need one." Don't do it. Don't ever delete things. Unpublish them if you have to, but don't delete them.

Kunena needs two "forums" - I'll explain what I mean in a moment - to work. One (the level that has "no parent") is known as the category. Within the category you create your forum. If you don't organise your Kunena board in this way, you cannot post any topics. I know, the jargon is horrible! It took me months to understand it. Please read How to create Categories, Forums and Subforums (just as rich suggested you should do) and Standard (consistent) Terminology?! .

Also, read another user's similar experiences: Changed Forum category setting and lost categories .

Out-of-the box, Kunena works without you having to do anything. But, if you're unsure of what you're doing, take things very carefully. OK? ;)

More
14 years 1 month ago #9 by superblues
Wow I'm about to give up. Followed all these instructions in great detail but sill unable to write a post :unsure: :unsure: www.thebasementyouthclub.com/index.php?o...unc=showcat&catid=28

More
14 years 1 month ago #10 by sozzled
I don't understand what you have done but it certainly appears that you've got everything all tangled up! :S

After you first installed Kunena, and before you made any changes whatsoever to the sample data that was installed, were you able to post new messages? Yes or no?

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds