Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question server 500 timeout on install

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #1 by frgpugs
I am aware that this is a common known thing with kunena installs. I have hosting through 1&1 and have asked to change my php.ini file but i have got the following response:

Please be advise to change the settings via a php.ini file instead of
.htaccess file. However please be informed that due to resource limits
on our Shared Hosting machines, it is not possible to allocate more than
20M of memory to PHP, although phpinfo() may report a higher number. You
will be unable to increase the memory usage limit with a php.ini file.

I tried also after searching here to upload via directory. I unzipped the files and put them in a folder named com_kunena_v1.5.5_stable_b1778_2009-08-15 and placed it in /tmp, went to install via directory but still the same server 500 error comes up. The path im inputting is /homepages/37/d243601789/htdocs/2nd8th/tmp/com_kunena_v1.5.5_stable_b1778_2009-08-15

Is there any other way I can get kunena to install? I really really hate agora at the moment with all the bugs in it and need a good forum. Thanks
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by frgpugs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You can check this doc : docs.kunena.com/index.php/Installation_Issues
The Joomla! installer is slow, there isn't a lot of ways to install Kunena.

Do you use sef component or sef system integrated into joomla ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 6 months ago #3 by frgpugs
im going to say sef system as I dont know for sure but there is a plugin listed for System - SEF that is active. I dont know much about joomla but I dont believe that any of my urls are changed with sef, ive never really cared about it to be honest.

More
14 years 6 months ago #4 by frgpugs
so no help then? Ok I guess ill just try ninjaboard or something then

More
14 years 6 months ago #5 by 810
You can try my manual installation- instructions.

read more

More
14 years 6 months ago #6 by frgpugs
perfect! exactly what i was looking for thank you very much

More
14 years 5 months ago #7 by joomlamac
didn't quite work for me. I changed all the jos_ to j15_ to match my database. I'm experimenting locally to try and migrate my site to J1.5.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8 by jolmeda
So there's no way to install Kunena thru the Joomla Installer??? Since we are getting the same server 500 timeout. We had Kunena 1.5.5 installed and tried to upgrade it to the latest version and it didn't installed correcty and 1.5.5 isn't working either!!!

What do we have to do?

More
14 years 5 months ago #9 by Matias
For most systems it installs just fine by using Joomla installer. But Joomla installer is very slow and may cause timeouts.

The only way to install Kunena automatically in those systems is to copy it to joomla tmp directory and install it from there.

We are fixing this for Kunena 1.6 by splitting installation into multiple stages as upgrading it from K1.5 is relatively slow process.

More
14 years 5 months ago #10 by lavsteph
Hello Mathias,

the problem seems also to the number extensions installed after my latest installations.

On a site with CB, it's bad every time, but in a install virgin ... no problems, so there is interaction with the extensions installed in addition to Joomla, it's guaranteed ... joomla is not necessarily relevant for this problem

Manager French translation

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds