Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Can't create sticky post

More
14 years 3 months ago #1 by mattheww99
I am unable to create a sticky post, as there is no menu item or icon displayed for this. I am using the default_ex template and version 1.5.8. I am not using the Joomla template for Kunena. Can anybody help me sort this out?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Can't create sticky post
Only forum moderators can create sticky posts. Are you logged-in as a forum moderator?

More
14 years 3 months ago #3 by mattheww99
sozzled wrote:

Only forum moderators can create sticky posts. Are you logged-in as a forum moderator?

That did the trick. Sorry for the dense question. Thanks for the help.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #4 by stream
Replied by stream on topic Can't create sticky post?
I know this have been up before. But then it was solved by logging in as an admin. But I'm already logged in as admin but cant find the button to sticky a post. Where is it?

And how do I create a spotlight? Like it is in this forum? Or is Spotlight the same as sticky?
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by stream.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
I don't understand why users can't search for the solution.

Topic merged. Problem solved. [strike]Discussion locked.[/strike]
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Discussion not locked; discussion moved to archive

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by anth
Replied by anth on topic Re:Can't create sticky post?
The original question asks about a "sticky post", however its clear that it was actually referring to a "sticky topic". All following posts in this topic seem to get the semantics confused as well.

I am looking for a 'sticky post', and have concluded that there is no such feature available for Kunena. Wish I was wrong.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
G'day, anth. I'm sorry, we're trying to find a standard set of terms that everyone can understand.

The term "sticky post" has many alternative meanings and it may not be easy to understand if you aren't from an English-speaking background. Here are a few terms that mean the same thing.
    Sticky post
    Sticky thread
    Sticky topic
    Sticky discussion
    Featured thread
    Featured topic
    Featured discussion
    Pinned post/discussion/topic/thread
    Spotlight
    FAQ
    Read this first
There is a "sticky post" feature in Kunena. Look at any category (e.g. the Common Questions category here will do as a demonstration) and see the topics highlighted with a yellow background and a red pin. So the feature does exist. B)

Moderators can make a post "sticky" by using a "sticky" button.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by fxstein

anth wrote: The original question asks about a "sticky post", however its clear that it was actually referring to a "sticky topic". All following posts in this topic seem to get the semantics confused as well.

I am looking for a 'sticky post', and have concluded that there is no such feature available for Kunena. Wish I was wrong.

Can you explain in some detail how you would use a sticky post?

I have had some similar thoughts but want to hear from others how you would go about this.

Would this be within a thread or topic? Simply move the sticky post up on top or right below the thread starter?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #9 by sozzled
Thanks for the clarification, fxstein. I have to admit that I hadn't considered the use of anything other than a thread starter as a sticky post. You're quite right, of course.

Please ignore all my earlier comments in this thread - I seem to have completely misunderstood the entire question and this whole discussion. :blush:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by fxstein
Before I forget - this might also need a minor template change, so that we can show a link to the prior message of an reply - as we would mix up the natural ordering of posts within a thread by doing stickies.

Something like

#5 in reply to #4

in the right top corner of a post where you see #5 right now (or whatever the number)

or in a different location but visible

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Time to create page: 3.263 seconds