Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question k2 integration?

More
14 years 3 months ago #1 by eugenicscum
k2 integration? was created by eugenicscum
Hi guys,

I'm trying to use K2 for one of my sites, and wondering if anyone's done any integration with Kunena (to be specific, their built in commenting system with discussbot). Please also post if there's a simple hack to get this happening.

Much appreciated :)

kvltsite.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: k2 integration?
Quick question: what is K2?

More
14 years 3 months ago #3 by eugenicscum
Replied by eugenicscum on topic Re: k2 integration?
Direct quote from their website. ( k2.joomlaworks.gr/ )

K2 is the popular powerful content component for Joomla! with CCK-like features developed by JoomlaWorks, makers of fine Joomla! extensions since 2006.

It provides an out-of-the box integrated solution featuring rich content forms for items (think of Joomla! articles with additional fields for article images, videos, image galleries and attachments), nested-level categories, tags, comments, a system to extend the item base form with additional fields (similar to CCK for those acquainted with Drupal), a powerful plugin API to extend item, category and user forms, ACL, frontend editing, sub-templates and a lot more!

Using K2, you can transform your Joomla! website to a news/magazine site with author blogs, product catalogs, work portfolio, knowledge base, download/document manager, directory listing, event listing and more, all this bundled under one package! Since K2 is extensible with additional fields to its base item form, you can easily create category-specific content types, e.g. article, blog post, product page, directory listing.

It comes with a commenting system built in. I'm wondering if there's a way to link that to Kunena forum threads.

More
14 years 3 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: k2 integration?
I was not aware of the component, so sorry, I cannot answer to your question.

If there is a way, it has to be coded into K2.

More
14 years 3 months ago #5 by ComposerRyan
Replied by ComposerRyan on topic Re: k2 integration?
Yeah, I REALLY want this feature too...I want to be able to have the discussbot work for K2 as well. Here is the discussbot for Kunena that currently only works with regular content from Joomla: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...orum-extensions/9292

Can anyone modify it to work with Kunena and K2? That way, when creating an article in K2, a topic of that article is auto created in Kunena and the Kunena topics acts as comments for the article (just like how it works for Joomla articles currently.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: umuthamal

More
14 years 3 months ago #6 by lafanter
Replied by lafanter on topic Re: k2 integration?
yeh I want that feature too :woohoo:

like k2 is one of the most popular bloging app and kenuna is a popular forum
So there should be some function to integrate bot into K2's articles just like normal joomla articles

A website dedicated to Lafanters Lafanters.com ;)

More
14 years 3 months ago #7 by phattpat
Replied by phattpat on topic Re:k2 integration?
Kunena, K2 and Discussbot..... Its The only way to fly!

I really want this to happen too!

PLLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEE!!

:silly:

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by Donnie Darko
Replied by Donnie Darko on topic Re: k2 integration?
any new??!?!?

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by fmzone
Replied by fmzone on topic Re: k2 integration?
really need it!

More
13 years 1 month ago #10 by modernmagic
Replied by modernmagic on topic Re: k2 integration?
I too would like to see some integration.

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds