Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question The great "How to change the word Karma" discussion

More
14 years 11 months ago #1 by Über
I am working on a site where I wish to employ various themes and titles that are related to the topic of the site. Now I see where I can change the ranking titles and such, but I don't know where to go to change the name "Karma" to something else. Could someone with greater insight into Kunena help me out here? I'm extremely new to this application and I'm sure if I scour each of the files I'll eventually come up with it but I'd really appreciate any help in this matter.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
The solution may be as simple as editing the file ../administrator/components/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php and replacing the line that read
Code:
DEFINE ('_KUNENA_USRL_KARMA','Karma');
to
Code:
DEFINE ('_KUNENA_USRL_KARMA','Brownie points');
or whatever you have in mind. You might also need to change (in the same file)
Code:
DEFINE('_KUNENA_ADMIN_CONFIG_USERLIST_KARMA','Show Karma');
similarly.

Good luck. I hope this helps ... and I hope my own rapidly depleting karma isn't further diminished/exhausted as a result :laugh:

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 6 days ago #3 by nmcferon
Hello,

i had a quick question

how can i change Karma in posts to say Faith or Honor Or Thanks?
some of my members don't know what karma is and we go by a Honor system so is there anyway to modify the word karma + - to say Honor + -?

:silly:

Thanks!
Last edit: 14 years 6 days ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

More
14 years 11 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:How can i change?
Check your language file in administrator/components/com_kunena/language
and search for "karma"

More
14 years 11 months ago #5 by skillless
Replied by skillless on topic Re:How can i change?
/administrator/components/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php

~ 985ff.
//new in 1.0.3 stable
//Karma
DEFINE('_KARMA','Karma');
etc.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by ciprit
Replied by ciprit on topic Rename Karma
Can i rename karma like "points" or "thanks" in kunena?

i was try to change it but always fail :blush:

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #7 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:Rename Karma
Edit the kunena.yourlanguage.php, if you use only english it ist kunena.english.php.

you find this file in

your_joomla_installation_folder/administrator/components/com_kunena/language

Search these strings

DEFINE ('_KUNENA_USRL_KARMA','Karma');
DEFINE('_KUNENA_ADMIN_CONFIG_USERLIST_KARMA','Show Karma');
DEFINE('_COM_A_KARMA', 'Show Karma indicator');
DEFINE('_COM_A_KARMA_DESC', 'Set to "Yes" to show user karma and related buttons (increase / decrease) if the user stats are activated.');
DEFINE('_KARMA', 'Karma');
DEFINE('_KARMA_WAIT', 'You can modify only one person's karma every 6 hours. <br/>Please wait until this timeout period has passed before modifying any person's karma again.');
DEFINE('_KARMA_SELF_DECREASE', 'Please do not attempt to decrease your own karma!');
DEFINE('_KARMA_SELF_INCREASE', 'Your karma has been decreased for attempting to increase it yourself!');
DEFINE('_KARMA_DECREASED', 'User's karma decreased. If you are not taken back to the topic in a few moments,');
DEFINE('_KARMA_INCREASED', 'User's karma increased. If you are not taken back to the topic in a few moments,');

and perhaps there are a few more (search with a good texteditor, e.g. notepad++)

And change the word karma after this DEFINE ('..',
example
DEFINE('_KARMA', 'Karma');
to
DEFINE('_KARMA', 'Points');
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Lintzy.

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by ciprit
Replied by ciprit on topic Re:Rename Karma
thanks lintzy...its work :woohoo: ...i have changed it now :silly:

More
14 years 8 months ago #9 by balti
Replied by balti on topic Changing titel of "karma"
Hello, i am new in thise forum, so thise question it may be allready answered but il ask anyway ;) : I am using thise forum for one religious community , so the call "karma" is a hindu,bramanic,budhist point of view which is contradicting with allots of others religios views .. and i was wondering if there is hack or way to change karma in to example: appraisal, estimation of value, assessment, evaluation; judgment or something like that.
thank you..

More
14 years 8 months ago #10 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re:Changing titel of "karma"
Hi balti, welcome to forum

read here for answer www.kunena.com/forum/77-general-talk-abo...ed-for-my-site#14144

Regards

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds