Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Admin can't edit user profiles

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by Vlad
Hi folks!

I'm running the latest K 1.5.11 (just downloaded it 3 days ago) and am so far satisfied with the way it works (minor glitches resolved quickly) but I'm basicaly completely new to the entire thing so I'd need a bit of help.

A user asked me (admin) to change his profile avatar and I'm basically unable to find an option to change any user profile settings at all, aside those available in joomla user manager. Am I overseeing something, is this option unavailable in Kunena forums or am I missing a plugin for Joomla, or is it a bug?

Thnx in advance and cheers m8s!

It's a joke! It's a f***ing joke!! What's the matter with You!!??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Welcome to the forum, Vlad. :)

Did you read K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first? . Why can't your user change his/her avatar image themselves. Why should you (or we) do this work for them? :S
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #3 by Vlad
sozzled wrote:

Welcome to the forum, Vlad. :)

Did you read K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first? . Why can't your user change his/her avatar image themselves. Why should you (or we) do this work for them? :S

Hy m8.

'Cause I'm from Croatia and sometimes we get users that are not all that computer savvy but just want to write stuff on our forums. Thus sometimes we get odd requests like the mentioned one. Anyway other forums offer this option by default so I'm wondering why this one doesn't. And anyway it's far easier for me or other admins to simply do this then to spend time explaining it to someone.

Edit
P.S.

Yes I've read the Read me 1st and if the case is that Kunena actually does not support this option than I believe it indeed is a technical issue..

Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Vlad.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
You can change some user profile information from your site backend. There is a lot of information in the documentation Wiki to help you with this. Tip: search for "user administration" in the Wiki! ;)

Please don't use the support category in future when you want to ask basic, common questions about how to use Kunena normally. Thank you.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #5 by Vlad
Thanks once more m8.

P.S.
Here is a link to the User administration part.

docs.kunena.com/index.php/User_administration

...Hence my questions.

More
13 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
So the Kunena User Administration documentation hasn't been written yet. It's pretty basic stuff and, if you want the full user documentation, I expect to have it written within the next few months (if you can wait that long). Alternatively, you could try to figure it out yourself: go to Kunena Forum » User Administration. Like your users who want you to do everything for them, a little bit of educated guesswork goes a long way. B)

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #7 by Vlad
sozzled wrote: ...Alternatively, you could try to figure it out yourself: go to Kunena Forum » User Administration...

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt... young man... but alas to no avail...

Nevermind.

Thanx for the help anyway.

More
13 years 11 months ago #8 by Cerberus
Currently you can not change a users avatar only they can change their own avatar but im pushing for this function to be added to K1.6 when its released.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled
It was late in my day when I wrote what I did. As it transpires, the administrator cannot change another user's avatar! :blush: There was a defect in an earlier version of Kunena that prevented the admininistrator deleting another user's avatar, but this function works in K 1.5.11.

Whether or not I erred is not really important. I still believe that my original advice is the best advice. The best policy is to teach your users how to use the features on your site instead of doing everything for them. If your users don't know how to select an avatar image, or upload an avatar image, or change from one avatar image to another ... that's their problem and yours (not ours). As long as you know how to do it, that's what is important. What you could do, when you are confronted by the question "how do I change my avatar image" is to teach them how to do it for themselves ... or point them in the right direction (as I thought I did to you, last night) and they'll figure it out.

After spending a lot of time in researching this topic - I want to be extra careful how I advise - there is no means of achieving what has been asked: the admin cannot change another user's avatar image.

However, the administrator can remove another user's avatar (useful, for example, if one of your users chooses an image that disagrees with the code of conduct for your site). I think this minimal functionality is sufficient.

I will have to check whether any of these changes will make it into K 1.6 but I'm doubtful.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 10 months ago #10 by McGriddles
Just want to say that I would love to see a feature added that would allow the admin to change a user's avatar. Our forum's users are kind of lazy, and when we had our old phpbb forum, I would create funny avatars for them and change them using my admin access. They loved it, it was a hoot, whole threads were dedicated to discussing the shenanigans, etc.

So yeah, thumbs up if this gets added in the next release. :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds