Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Register Link

More
14 years 3 months ago #1 by fpk
Register Link was created by fpk
Hi all,

I am pretty new to Joomla and Kunena, both i think are great and been trying to set a forum on my site, i need to know to know two things:

1.how can i change the names of top menu i.e. Recent Discussion, Cetegories etc, i need them to be in a different language.

2. also i was going to ask a question with regards to a "register" link when a user tried to add a new topic without being loged in, it gives you a register link, but that link is incorrect it points at some different component that doesnt exict i think it is com_register,

has anyone else got this, mind you even this very own forum has the same problem when i tried to add a topic withouth sign-in

thanks in adance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Register Link
Hello,

1°) Look in your language file kunena.english.php

2°)com_register is a part of Joomla!, after if you use Community Builder or Jomsocial you can set login integration with one of these components.

If not, you can use this nice hack : www.kunena.com/forum/144-hacks-tricks-an...978-own-kunena-login

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3 by fpk
Replied by fpk on topic Re:Register Link
thanks for a promt reply.... i cant seem to find kunena.english.php file can you direct me please been looking allover com_kunena

with regards to com_register this component does not exist on my componnent list... though not sure if you tried it this forum as it doesnt seem to work here too.

so if u log out then come to post try a reply you'll get a log in link if you click on that u get 404 error :)

thanks

More
14 years 3 months ago #4 by xillibit
If you had read carefully my post, you would see that docs.kunena.com/index.php/Where_is_the_language_file%3F

The com_register is a core component of joomla! you can't uninstall them.

Can you explain more on your 404 error ? What did you do ?

More
14 years 3 months ago #5 by fpk
Replied by fpk on topic Re:Register Link
Yes, thanks i've got it now.

with regards to 404 error which this forum seems to have it too is if you do the following:

1. Log out
2. Go to a topic (come to this one)
3. Top right corner click on Forum Tools -> Post New Topic
4. You'll get the following:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Only logged-in/registered users
are allowed to contribute to the forum.

Click here to register.

5. Click on <i>Click here to register.</i> and you should see the 404 error page.

p.s. if you come up with the solution to this do you mind posting it here.

many thanks

fpk

More
14 years 3 months ago #6 by xillibit
I thought that has been fixed some time ago :(

More
14 years 6 days ago - 14 years 6 days ago #7 by jjart
Replied by jjart on topic Re: Register Link
I am sure this has been asked and answered, but I can't find an easy-to-follow solution.

My client site does not allow users to register.

Therefore, when the user is viewing the forums, and they click "Register", they are sent to "/component/user/register" where they see a 403 error page.

I attempted to make changes to components\com_kunena\template\default\post.php (line 1873).

The changes have not helped.

Any suggestions on how to change the results, I would appreciate it.

These threads have NOT helped:

1) Register Link
2) Click Here to Register Link

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 14 years 6 days ago by jjart.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds