Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for Community Builder or its related products. For Community Builder support you should visit Joomlapolis .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use Community Builder with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of Community Builder.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Missing icons 404 error

• Artie
  • Artie's Avatar Topic Author
  • No one is perfect, thats why pencils have erasers.
More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by Artie
searched found no solution...

/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/english/icons/profile.gif
/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/english/icons/online.gif

Using CB can not find this folder anywhere on the backend or FTP.

"Online/profile" gifs and such worked until I installed CB. I am sure that is the problem but getting an answer out of CB takes forever. If there is a official Kunena response or user who dealt with this I would be so grateful! :kiss:

Using Blue Eagle template - no frills, no addons outside of official Kunena extensions.

I can easily make said icons and make a dummy folder but I am more interested on why and how this happened.

Any information would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Missing icons 404 error
G'day, Artie, and welcome to Kunena.

I am not sure how "missing icons" cause a 404 error (which is how you have described this topic) and, indeed, it sounds like an issue involving the way that you have tried to integrate Community Builder with Kunena. It's a little difficult to know how to answer your specific problems with the information you have given us.

I suggest you look at the advice posted many times around this forum that looks like this:

If you are using the forum to discuss your problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you may not receive a solution to your problem, either.

Because this seems to be a Community Builder-related issue, I have moved this topic to a different category. We have no "official" response relating to this matter because we do not fully understand the problem you appear to be having. Maybe the problem happened because you changed the permissions on a few folders? :unsure:

• Artie
More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by Artie
Replied by Artie on topic Missing icons 404 error
Waves happily!

Sadly it's nothing simple as changing permissions - it worked then it just stopped. I avoided putting CB on the site like the plague, but in the end it was the only way to moderate logins and registrations - hoping one day Kunena will be the provider of that department.

It was working fine on our end until we opened it up for alpha testing and new people joined as CB profiles instead of Kunena. Like I said I could make a dummy file and place it there to prevent the 404 redirect (right click on pic you get a 404), but I am wondering why it is assuming there is a menu called /components/com_kunena/template/default/images/english/icons the closest one we have on the side is a CB file /components/com_comprofiler/images/english/

But no default no icon.

It's all a bit weird.

• Artie
More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by Artie
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Carve | author: Pixel Point Creative | version: 1.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
404 errors in Joomla are almost (99% of the time) the result of badly-formed menu items. Your Joomla menu is the place to start in diagnosing these issues.

We recommend that people start first with a standard Kunena menu arrangement - see this article in the Wiki to help you ( www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_menu_issues ) - and modify it later, after you're sure everything is working properly. Joomla menus are finicky things, sometimes.

Looking at your Joomla menu, I see you have something relating to Agora. Perhaps it's Agora that's confusing CB? :unsure:

• Artie
More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by Artie
No no Agora is the greek name for Forum. We titled our forum "Agora" for that reason.

I will just make a mock file folder and look into the core Kunena files to see if there a redirect or even CB.

Thank you for your time. We will work on a work-a-round lol as usually with Joomla. After 5 years are are use to it. :D

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
Good luck. It's difficult for me to suggest some remedy other than by trying to re-install K 3.0.2 (use the same upgrade technique described in the K 3.0 Upgrade Guide - you will not lose any of your current forum information if you do this (unless you unintall K 3.0.2, which you should not do).

Because your forum is only accessible to members of your community, we cannot see any more than what I was able to do asd a person viewing your site without an account.

One other suggestion: modify your forum integration plugin settings as shown in red below

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=0 avatar=1 profile=1 private=0
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Disabled
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

• Artie
More
10 years 7 months ago #8 by Artie
When I turn off the "Forum integration" in CB I get everything back. But then loose the CB tab - not a big deal - so the problem is solved. 100% CB fault - as always.

Looking forward to the day that Kunena takes over for CB. All we need is total Joomla Registration (editable questions) and editable email sent.

Then we will be set no more CB conflicts!

Thanks sozzled for trying! :) I appreciate it.

More
10 years 7 months ago #9 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Missing icons 404 error
There are extensions on JED that extend Joomla registration process, perhaps you should look into those. Some are free, some are paid for.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

• Artie
More
10 years 7 months ago #10 by Artie
Thanks, Jiminimonka but to have a proper community there isn't a thing on Joomla aside from CB and JOM that really links things together. Was >< close to having it finished until the Reg process (and then a few other hiccups).

We did fiddle with form maker but in the end it wasn't very compatible with the rest of the site.

Like I said I would love for Kunena to be the 3rd choice in the future, I would reformat the site in a heartbeat.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds