Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Module showing thread with most replies...

More
14 years 3 months ago #1 by taiklan
Hi

Does anyone know of a module that list the threads that has the most replies?

There are many that list recent, new and most viewed, but I have not found one list the threads that has the most replies.

Or perhaps a step by step of what to edit in the code...

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
I've created a module that will display the most replied-to Kunena threads. You can see it demonstrated at demo.enduring.com.au/forum and you can download it here .

To the moderators: please move this topic to the User Contributions » Modules category.
The following user(s) said Thank You: valandis

More
14 years 3 months ago #3 by taiklan
Hi

Thanks for your reply. However your module shows most replied to over all. I also need a time parameter. So it shows most replied to within a certain time set... Do you know of any modules that do that or could you add this feature??

Many thanks

More
14 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
taiklan wrote:

Thanks for your reply. However your module shows most replied to over all. I also need a time parameter. So it shows most replied to within a certain time set.

Damn! I could have done that for you the first time, if you'd asked. :ohmy: I already had the code in place and I removed it ... because I thought that's what you wanted. I'll have a look and see what we can do for you.

More
14 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
I've updated and tested the module. It should work now.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #6 by taiklan
That's so cool ... thank you so much for your help.

Two bugs that I hope you can also help me with.

1. it doesn't show the reply number ... says 0
2. when I click the thread link I get the specific thread (cooool) but it shows it on the front page called "Forside" in my chase instead of under the menu where the Forum is actually listed in the menu "Debat" in my case. See attachments.

Thanks so much

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by taiklan.

More
14 years 3 months ago #7 by sozzled
Can you please provide me with a link to your website so that I can see your implementation? You can PM me if you like. :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
Thank you for providing me with more information. I don't have an answer yet regarding the first matter you identified.

In the second case, I have used an out-dated mechanism to generate the link to the message. The link generation mechanism changed around the time of Kunena 1.5.4 when a lot of work was done with the Kunena SEO/SEF features. I will try to fix it up soon ... but I can't promise you I'll be successful. :blush:

More
14 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled
I have updated the module (V 1.1) which now uses Kunena's SEF links.

I have also addressed the ambiguous "0 Replies" issue. Basically, if a topic is posted but no-one replies to it, then there are 0 replies. True? However, if you want to show a list of which topics have had the most number of postings within a timeframe, that's a different question. In the case where you want to know which topics have had the most postings based on a time range, I have changed the output to show how many "new posts" were made. I hope this explanation clears up the ambiguity. :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #10 by taiklan
Hi sozzled

Sound like it meets my needs beautifully ... However it get this error when I access the menu where the module is published ...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function kunena_htmlspecialchars() in /home/golfnyhe/public_html/modules/mod_kunena_mostreplied/mod_kunena_mostreplied.php on line 154

Any ideas?

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds