- Posts: 7326
- Thank you received: 1433
Blue Eagle 5 v1.6.2 has been Released for Kunena 5.2 (20 Jan 2021)
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena template Blue Eagle 5 v1.6.2 which is now available for download. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in development.
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with
The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use JomSocial with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of JomSocial.
If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.
Question JomSocial-Kunena integration
I would suggest three things to you:
Kotsolis wrote: I have issues because when I click to the "Profile" tab Iam redirected to my JomSocial main profile link, not Kunena profile link.
1) You are using JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3, JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3, and JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3. These add-ons do not work with K 3.0—read To what extent does K 3.0 support Jomsocial .
2) If you want to allow your users to edit their user profiles, change the forum integration plugin settings as shown in red text below:
Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Disabled
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=1 avatar=1 profile=0 private=1 activity_points_limit=0 activity_stream_limit=0
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=1
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: Disabled
3) You are using an outdated version of the Blue Eagle template that was released more than 2½ years ago. Please read Compatibility with older templates or third-party templates written for Kunena . If you continue to use the Blue Eagle template designed for K 1.7.2 you will probably have many problems with K 3.0.6. I would suggest that you use the Blue Eagle template designed for K 3.0.6 if you want to avoid problems in future.
You are correct that you are having "issues" because of Kunena but I do not think your "developer" has done you any favours in leaving outdated software on your website.
Kotsolis wrote: So did my developer do the installation correctly? Is this Kunena issue?
Please use the information that I posted. If you require more information, go to Forum integration with other Joomla extensions in the Wiki.
Kotsolis wrote: 2)Please send me a screenshot to change these settings.
When I click someone's profile Iam redirected to the Kunena profile page
But in JomSocial.com I see that when I click someone's profile, the JomSocial page opens instead.
How can I adjust this so that when I click a username in my Kynena forum, the JomSocial profile of that user will open.
- Not Allowed: to create new topic.
- Not Allowed: to reply.
- Not Allowed: to edit your message.