Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Kunena Group Plugin 2.0.4. Adding Tags

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by Smokey4life
Joomla! Version 2.5.9
Kunena Version 2.0.4
Jomsocial Version 2.8.4
Kunena Groups Plug-in for JomSocial Version 2.0.4

When a user creates a new group everything goes as it should other then the fact that it adds the <p></p> tags around the board description for each group board it creates. How can i fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by Ancientwolf
This has been going on forever, I'm surprised nobody has ever commented. It's plaguing every setup I've had for a long time.

Anyone?

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
K 2.0.4 is at end of life and the support for that version will be decommissioned shortly. The Kunena team announced a while ago that updating the JomSocial-related plugins and modules would be taken over by the JomSocial developers (assuming, of course, it is in the interests of the JomSocial development team to do that). Therefore, the Kunena team has no intention of updating, fixing or dealing with issues arising from the use of the JomSocial-related add-ons that were available (at no cost) from this website.

K 2.0.4 will remain available for downloads (for those who require it) but it will be offered "as is" and, after 31 August this year, the the categories that relate to K 2.0.4 will be closed from further discussion.

I hope this addresses your questions and concerns.

If you would like to contact the JomSocial team team and ask them what their plans are for fixing these problems perhaps you might also like to update the community here with any information that you obtain.

More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by Ancientwolf
I'm aware of K dropping the development. Instead of a snarky ""washing our hands of it" response with information that hopefully, everyone has had drilled home by now, I think the OP and myself were hoping someone had seen this, and fixed it.

No sweat.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
I am not saying that we are "washing our hands of this". I am saying that we contacted the JomSocial team and [my information is] the JomSocial team accepted to take over the responsibility to maintain the Kunena add-ons that this team originally developed for this site - for www.kunena.org - when we were using JomSocial here.

These add-ons were developed and made available free-of-charge for all users of JomSocial. When we removed JomSocial from this site a year ago, the Kunena team continued to update those add-ons (for the remainder of K 2.0) that we had used here for the benefit of people who used JomSocial on their sites. This was done without any partnership or financial assistance from members of this community or from the JomSocial team.

A decision was taken during the development of K 3.0 to cease making these add-ons for JomSocial. I do not believe that is "washing our hands of it" as you claim. The decision was based on the available time required and to ensure that K 3.0 would be delivered as soon as possible. When the decision was made, Kunena team members approached the JomSocial developers and made available all the source code that was used to make these add-ons . That's where our responsibility ended and any further obligation on the part of the Kunena team to maintain those things in future.

We understand that some people may be disappointed but facts are facts. If you require more information I strongly suggest that you either

a) wait patiently for another member of this community to provide you with the solution you need; or

b) contact JomSocial to enquire about what plans they have for the Kunena-related add-ons that may be used with their software.

There is nothing "snarky" in my replies to this topic and I am sorry that you may be disappointed. I am only giving you the circumstances and the facts surrounding this (and other matters that may be related to JomSocial). The information that I have posted here is not only for your benefit, Ancientwolf, because, as you say, you were already aware of it. The information is for the benefit of others who read this topic and who may not be aware of the situation.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by Smokey4life
I mean its only a little <p> There has to be a simple way to have the plugin strip out this tag when creating a new forum board.
I'm just going to look into this myself and see if i can figure out a simple fix for it.

More
10 years 7 months ago #7 by Jiminimonka
I updated a issue on GitHub, if anyone has a solution, please post it here, or on the GitHub page.

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Addons/issues/4

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds