The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the release of Kunena 6.2 in stable, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 4.3+ and Joomla! 5.0.
We've implemented native support for Joomla 5. This means you don't have to enable the new compatibility plugin "Behaviour - Backward Compatibility " on Joomla! 5.0 for it to work with Kunena.We encourage all translators to update translations on transifex.com on some of them the translations hasn't been updated since a while. Kunena 6.2 has been designed to work from Joomla! 4.3 and on Joomla! 5.0, the requirements are the followings :
- Php 7.4.1 to Php 8.2.x (the support of php 8.2.x has been be improved since Kunena 6.1, there aren't anymore deprecated message)
- MySQL 5.7.30
- Bootstrap 5.1
The work done in Kunena 6.2 is the following:
- The support of php 8.2.x has been be improved, there aren't anymore deprecated message
- Add the possibility to load a Joomla! module on Kunena login to have the keypass support on the authentification. Need to define in the template configuration of Aurelia the id of Joomla! module to use.
- Notify banned user by email
- New setting in Kunena configuration to set the date format of your choice to be used by datepicker
- Differenciate check for requirements on Kunena install between mysql and mariadb
- Allow to modify to different karma users in time allowed
- Store the data about notifications into the database to be send later by CRON task, need an extra plugin to make it work
Download K6.2.0 stable here: https://github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/tag/6.2This means that the Kunena 6.1 series is approching the end of life and will be discountinued, with the future release of K6.2 in stable there won't be new versions of K6.1 after that.
Any donations are needed for future support.